BBOTD Saturday 23rd

cpo

2.05 Doncaster Harrison George EW @ 18/1 BetVictor Hopefully racing will go ahead tomorrow as the track doesn't look too bad today. One thing for sure is that the ground tomorrow will be very testing. This horse has not won since winning a listed race back in 2010 but he showed on the all weather over the winter that he still retains plenty of ability. He has had a recent spin on the all weather which gives him a fitness edge over plenty of his rivals and I think he will love the ground tomorrow. A lot of his early career form came in testing ground but he hasn't had the chance to run in testing conditions for a long time. He is a CD winner and has not raced off a mark this low since 2008 (if you take into account the jockey's 5lb claim). Robert Tart is arguably one of the best 5lb claimers out there at the moment and I would be hopeful of this horse running a good race tomorrow with the stable in good nick.

Re: BBOTD Saturday 23rd 14.40 Doncaster: Bancnuanaheireann EW @ 22/1 VC Bancnuanaheireann ran some fine races last year, finishing 4th in the Cambridgeshire in addition to some other fine performances in competitive handicaps. I'm really interested in him because of his most recent performance though, which came at Lingfield in December. He got a real horror run there in the home straight, having been badly hampered, what cost him every chance to win the race. Yet he picked up very well again and finished in eye-catching fashion. I would assume he would have gone very close with a clear run, maybe even would have won it, and would be for that reason a couple of pounds higher in the mark than he does tomorrow actually. Bancnuanaheireann also goes pretty well on soft ground, a vital ability tomorrow I suppose. He didn't run since this Lingfield race again, but I have no doubt that he'll be fit for this big race. His trainer is in good form as well in recent weeks, so there are loads of things to like about his chance and I think he'll run a huge race. Price is massive anyway.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.