BBOTD Thursday 14th

cpo

4.40 Cheltenham Loose Preformer EW @ 66/1 Betvictor This horses form in his last 3 runs reads PFP. On his latest start, he was returning from an absence of 301 days and making his debut for David O'meara since swtiching from Nicky Henderson. He made his return to action in a grade 2 race but to me it looked very much like a fitness job with the horse going off in front and folding very tamely. I am hoping he is over his problems and it was lack of fitness rather than something still hindering him. When he made his first start for Henderson, he looked a chaser worth following when beating Quentin Collonges but he has had injury problems and has since switched yards. David O'Meara is certainly no mug as he has proven so far in his short career and I fancy they have this one fully fit for a run in this race. I am hoping his run last time out was just a case of getting a run into him to get him ready for this. They have one of the better amateur jockeys booked for the ride and if they can get this horse back to his best then he could be well treated off 134. David O'Meara does have a habit of getting the best out of horses form other yards and I wouldn't be surprised if this one ran a good race tomorrow.

Re: BBOTD Thursday 14th C2.05 Pateese e/w 40/1 Coral This one ticks quite a few boxes on the profiles front but I think a talented claimer in these tight handicaps is a major advantage and M G Nolan is certainly terrific value for his 5lb claim. The horse has a course win to its name and Hobbs' runners in the big handicaps this week have been running well. All in all, the horse ticks plenty of boxes for a 40/1 shot and I think it should give a decent run for the money.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.