The horsemeat scandal

I thought someone might have posted on here about this already but I haven't seen a thread so I thought I would post up. How do you feel as a racing fan when you read about horsemeat being found in burgers, lasagnes, etc? Is it just another animal or do you feel differently being a fan of racing? Is it just the same as slaughtering a cow for food? Personally it's put me off burgers but I wasn't eating them much in the last few months anyway due to having had some bad gristly ones. It feels a bit sick to think one minute you could be at the races backing a horse and a month later it might end up on your plate. As I understand it most of these products have come from France but does anyone know if we have also been slaughtering horses for food? A cow stood in a field doesn't get the same admiration and affection as a horse we follow for a number of years and support such as Inglis Drever, Denman, My Way De Solzen. If one of these was found in food I'd feel sick. It might not be racehorses that are getting slaughtered but I can't imagine how one of the stable lads/lasses would feel. They look after the horses every day and grow to love them and you can see the genuine emotion and loss when they go home with an empty horse box when one dies at a course such as Darlan. What are your thoughts on this whole horsemeat thing from the perspective of racing fans?

Re: The horsemeat scandal I think most of the horses are not in the class your talking of. the horses are the ones that have had a very hard life mostly neglected many rustled chezck or romannian eastern europe .if we pay 1.20 for 25 what did we expect dogs has any tests done for that .I dont know if it makes a difference everyone ate horse during the war just our feelings have changed i would not like to eat monkey though is there testing done on that we really don t know what we eat from the large supermarkets and their push for massive profits

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.