BBOTD - Monday 18th of February 2013

robertob

17.25 Wolverhampton: Attwaal @ 10/1 Bet365 Lightly raced Teofilo gelding who didn't set the world alight in his career so far but I rated his most recent performance at Lingfield a big one. He travelled very wide throughout the whole race and was not in the best position when the pace kicked on in a very slowly ran affair. The eventual winner had the run of the race from the front in contrast. Attwaal though had to turn widest of all for home and lost loads of ground as result of that and was relegated to last place approaching the home straight. He then stayed on really well on the outside in the closing stages, finishing in 5th place in the end what I'd rate a huge performance considering the circumstances. The drop in trip to 9f shouldn't be really a problem tomorrow though and as this will be only his third handicap start there might be still more to come and a mark of 65 could prove lenient. He also drops in class here, so all in all I feel he's overpriced.

Re: BBOTD - Monday 18th of February 2013 3.15 Wolverhampton - Yankee Storm - 16/1 Ladbrokes Couple of runs back after a break havent been great but got excuses and looks to have ideal conditions today. First run back was over 1m, always going to be too far. Ran poorly lto but small field where winner made all wasnt ideal. Back down to a winning mark now and the big field will suit as he needs a strong pace which looks likely here. George Baker booking a positive one, a change of headgear and he's well drawn in 6 will hopefully see him go close. Wouldnt be surprised to see him backed in the market at some point.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.