Long time passion, first time bet..

tobesss

Hi, After a long time of following horse racing, I realised 'I bet on football every weekend, but never Horses?! Even though my football betting is hopeless and returns zilch?!' So anyway, I doubt I'll forget my first (and winning) bet on horses. Saturday 15th December 2012 - Christmas is around the corner, and I've got an MOT, tax AND insurance coming up between today and the end of January. The month was tight enough as it is, and a few extra quid would help. So I threw a fiver down on Midnight Oscar, Tanerko Energy and Take Over Sivola. BOOM, £120 back. I could get used to this! So anywho, recently I have been investing more time into my selections and doing a lot more groundwork. I started this by basing my selections on horses I'd known of for donkey's years (oh the irony) and a bit of background statistics regarding track/trip/going etc. But I found that this led me to a biased opinion, because there are some horses I just like! I've come up with a way of predicting the winners, so starting from today (Wednesday 13th February 2013), I shall be posting my bets on here. Feel free to follow, but if you do I would advise low stakes. However this is my first post, so I doubt anyone will feel inclined to follow until they see results, which is understandable. For acca's, most of the time I probably won't justify why I have chosen each horse due to time constraints/size of post, but I might add it the next day before the race or something idk. E/W Lucky15 1:10 Mussleburgh - Copper's Gold 1:30 Lingfield - Divine Rule 2:10 Mussleburgh - Mr Opulence 2:40 Mussleburgh - Markadam Outsider Bet! 2:10 Mussleburgh - Mr Opulence A novice's hurdle where there is not much in the way of form on the field. Cayman Island's recent win leaves the bay gelding in good stead to follow up, while God's Own has been consistent of late with an impressive third behind My Tent or Yours. With this aside, Mr Opulence is coming from Kinross stable under Miss Lucinda Russell, who's recent form has been impeccable. With Island Confusion making all today in an impressive victory, and Nuts and Bolts finding it late on to win, Miss Russell has clearly found some out and out stayers of late. Mr Opulence is lightly (infact barely) raced, and it's a hurdle debut for the chestnut gelding. I don't believe he would have been entered unless the stable thought he had a shot, and I reckon he will open on long odds, so an E/W single bet would be worth it. I shall update this tomorrow around 6pm when I'm home from work, and hopefully my bank balance has improved somewhat!

Re: Long time passion, first time bet.. Not the best of days, Markadam was a N/R, Mr Opulence finished 6th and Copper's Gold disappointed. As my stakes tonight were low, I will hopefully salvage some money on these..: Kempton 8:00 - Flamborough Breeze E/W @ 6/1 Kempton 8:30 - Hidden Link E/W @ 7/2 E/W Double 4pts

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.