jump racing sunday 10th febuary

2:10 Naas – BBA Ireland Ltd Opera Hat Novice Chase BUCKERS BRIDGE was a very good bumper horse last season, including a very impressive win at Punchestown. Connections decided to send him straight over fences this season and he looked very good on his debut, coming out best in an almighty battle with Sword of Destiny, who franked the form by winning next time out. The pair pulled over 50 lengths clear of the third and although he ran below form on his only other start; it is possible that he was still feeling the effects of that run. He was taking on top company however, including Arvika Ligeonniere, but now he has had two months off, I expect him to bounce back to form. The main danger is clearly Mikael D’Haguenet, but he has been hit and miss over fences and although he won well last time out, he has not managed to win back to back over fences in ten starts. He also has to concede five pounds to his younger opponent, so I am happy to take on the favourite and confidently expect Buckers Bridge to win. 2:30 Exeter – Bathwick Tyres Plymouth Novices’ Hurdle There have been some good winners of this race in recent years and we look set to have another. Melodic Rendevous and Puffin Billy have booked looked top class recruits to hurdling and both will be fancied by connections. My preference is for PUFFIN BILLY who has won both starts so far and looked very impressive last time out. His trainer Oliver Sherwood has said that he could be the best horse that he has ever trained and that is some statement. If he runs well here he is likely to go for the Supreme Novices’ Hurdle next and with his yard in decent form, I believe he will maintain his unbeaten record.

Re: jump racing sunday 10th febuary *Bendant > Exeter 3:30 > WIN @ 12/1 Ladbrokes* Is 3 pounds out of the weights tomorrow, but interesting to see some money for it, especially with Paddy Brennan on board. Was pulled up last time out, but did win on heavy ground last December, and the last 2 times it won, Brennan was on board. The horse has been placed in both of it's outings at Exeter in competitive fields, so 12/1 looks an attractive price.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.