** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Ladbroke.com ARC semi final

trackspy

Just for a bit of interest and due to the fact that the weather is crap and I have not covered any racing today I thought I would post my Arc thoughts. The Semi Finals are tomorrow, Thursday.

Analysis: The cream is rising to the top. As thehareisonthemove.co.uk unique ratings show, the two market leaders are rated to win both their respective heats. Fire Height Dan's trainer, Mick Puzey is quoted as being happy with the heat win and after being bumped early clocked a decent time. At 6/4 to win outright and although in the weakest heat I am still tempted to take him on at the price. One point of note, the red box will help. The 2nd heat of the 2nd round went the way of Lindy Lou, basically winning the race from the boxes with a blistering 4.98sectional. Lindy Lou clocked a time 1/2 a length better than Fire Height Dan on the night and if drawn inside Fire Height Dan on Final night I would fancy Lindy Lou to confirm the form. At 7/1 Lindy Lou is a tempter but not for me this time around. Ernie Gaskins Olybean is a dog I like and is destined to win more Open races but drawn in the 4 box is a little off putting. However, this is another dog that can ping the lids is super quick fashion and if coming away with both trapping boots firmly strapped on then it has a reasonable chance of leading the inside runners. Consequently, I was slightly disappointed with the clock and it would have to produce its quickest ever time at the track to win the final, so a bit of value at 12/1 but not enough to tempt me to part with the readies. Pennys Worth broke the track record and that fact cannot be dismissed lightly. Producing the performance of the night when clocking 28.42secs with a 4.99 sectional. Although trouble in behind may have flattered the 8 1/4 length winning margin you cannot take the time of the race away from a dog that has won 5 of its last 7 races. I also like the look of the 28.57, 3 3/4 length beating of Lindy Lou in the Stow Standard on the 10th February. To bolster the claims you cannot dismiss the 3/4 length, 2nd, behind 'dog of the moment' Canimar in the Birmingham Cup and there in lies my idea of the winner. The weather at the Stow may have an impact on the final if there is any track bias and this should be taken into account on the night, watch the previous races carefully.

In my mind PENNYS WORTH is the win bet selection at 4/1, 9/2 in places, to over turn the hot pot Fire Height Dan. A value each way selection would be CLONBRIN SHOW at 28/1 who is likely to chase home Fire Height Dan on the rails in the 2nd Semi Final and give Mick Puzey a 1-2. If would like to see the race ratings the they are at: http://www.thehareisonthemove.co.uk/5openarc2005tt.htm

feel free to remove the link if you feel it is a blatent plug!! but please leave the text.