Flat Racing Friday 1st February

Lodge

Re: Flat Racing Friday 1st February 17.25 - Wolverhampton - Breakheart @ 4/1 BetVictor & Paddypower I had this one down as clear favourite in my book so i think the 4/1 available could offer slight value. Ran really well on Monday in a much better race than this, beaten less than 1L in a bunch finish. In fact he has been very consistent since making his winter re-appearance last November, winning twice under this jockey and rarely finishing well beat. Only 3lb higher than latest win, although he has won off much higher marks in the past few years. Just feel the drop in grade will do him good and providing this doesnt come too soon he will go close once more. 16.20 - Lingfield - Foxhaven @ 6/1 Bet365 Been quite a while since Foxhaven won but i thought his recent run could perhaps be a sign he still has some ability in him despite being an 11 year old. That run came over C&D where he was a close 3rd off this same mark and the form has worked out well too with the winner scoring twice since and the 4th place horse winning too. Tomorrows task looks slightly easier and if re-producing that effort i can see him winning this. Always worth taking note of the jockeys in these amateur contests too and he certainly has the most accomplished pilot of this field which should also play into his hands.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.