Help gathering data

G'Day All, I have been compiling data in a spreadsheet and am looking for answers to the following questions: 1) Betfair places: Timeform lists Place BSP but does not specify amount of placings paid out for. Is there somewhere that lists this? Unlike Bookie E/W placing terms it doesn't reduce when non-runners are accounted for so the amount of placings is not relevant to the runners in the field. I could work out the overround for the place market but this would be laborious especially for large runner fields. It surprises me that it's not stipulated on the timeform results pages but it may possibly show for a paid timeform subscriber. Can anyone verify this? 2) Bookie E/W and Handicap rulings: Generally speaking, other than enhanced places that some bookies offer, are the following E/W rules adhered to for UK Bookies? 4 runners or less: Win only - if there were more than 4 runners when you placed the bet, but it was cut down to 4, then the place half is settled as a win bet. 5-7 runners: 2 places, 1/4 the odds. 8-11 runner handicaps and all 8+ runner non-handicaps: 3 places, 1/5 the odds. 12-15 runner handicaps: 3 places, 1/4 the odds. 16+ runner handicaps: 4 places, 1/4 the odds. Also are all handicap races specified on timeform meeting these requirements. In particular I am refering to the like of Amateur Handicaps, are these treated the same as normal Handicap races? 3) Rule 4 calculations: After the fact, i.e. for a race 60 days ago, is there a way of calculating R4 and is there a standard or generally accepted formula for these calcuations? I'm aware I could do this via oddschecker on the day of a race but how do I correctly calculate this for a race from 60 days ago? I suppose there must be a resource somewhere that has the odds of withdrawn horses to help calculate this. I don't need the formula to get an absolute accurate result but I need to start accounting for R4 in my spreadsheets as it can have a dramatic effect on calculating results. Any help on these three areas would be much appreciated. Cheers, Karijini

Re: Help gathering data 1. You have to record it by yourself, even here https://promo.betfair.com/betfairsp/prices/index.php is not recorded It's not so hard to calculate it if you have your data in excel. 2. Others will answer this 3. Bad news here also, you must record horse's odds at the time of withdraw but you only need this if you record odds during the day.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.