BBOTD Thursday 24th January

Lodge

5.05 - Kempton - Vermeyen @ 8/1 Bet365 Posted this one up Sunday when Kempton was cancelled. So the below write up pretty much sums up his chances

2.25 - Kempton - Vermeyen @ 8/1 Betvictor I found the money that came for this one last time out quite interesting and although it wasnt backed up by a big run - he did have his excuses. The 4yo looked to have little chance going by the form book before his last run, especially considering he was coming off the back of a bit of a break but the money came and he went off at 9/2 - he absolutely fluffed the start and with that went his chances in the race, but he wasnt given a hard time and was only beaten by 6L which on the face of it wasnt the worst result ever. Turned out fairly quickly in a similar race (same C&D) with George Baker booked once more, this looks fairly significant considering he has rode the yards only 2 winners in the past year (2 wins, 2 places from 6 rides) and he is also in great form at the moment. Still very unexposed and the only real negative for me is the draw considering the size of the field, but if he can get a better break and George Baker can drop him in to a reasonable position he could just put the run in that was expected last time out.

Re: BBOTD Thursday 24th January 2.30 Meydan - Bay Willow @ 3/1 Paddy Power Win They have this price wrong IMO, way out , a 7/4 chance in my book. Avery tight knitted handicap, were only 9 go to post due to the restrictions, but a valuable prize on offer. The selection has gone up 2lb for his latest win, which is a gift. You might well say "but he is stepping down in distance", and right you are, but a CD winner only less than 2 seasons ago off a 2lb lower mark. But there are three key points for tomorrows race. 1 the restrictions on the race, he gets to take on weaker horses, than he last came accross. 2 he should get a stop start pace from the front, as i can only see him dictating, and so far its favoring front runners here. 3 the cheekpieces have giv him a new lease of life. Added to the above the trainer is responsible for a 1/3 of the field, and on jockey bookings(given the pay day) he has to be the selection. Big shout from me.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.