Flat Racing > Friday 18th January

*Basle > Wolverhampton 7:30 > WIN @ 7/2 Bet365 BOG* Two time course winner that is on a hat-trick here after wins at Lingfield and this track last time out, where it won over course and distance. Is only up 3 pounds for that win, so has to have a massive chance with a repeat effort in a similar race. Michael Blake took on this horse from Gay Kellaway I think, and he has won with both runs for him, so he has definitely got a lot of improvement out of this horse so far. I thought it would be 2/1 fav in this race, so it is nice to see 7/2 about the horse, who is on the upgrade.

Re: Flat Racing > Friday 18th January 13.15 Arlington: Parceval @ 7/1 Sportingbet I like the chance of the favourite here, the 3yo Placido, but he's too short and I feel Parceval is overlooked. He's two wins from four starts over the 1.800m distance and three wins from nine starts here at Arlington. He won at this track a pretty similar race in terms of strengths in depth in very good style last September, confirming the great improvement he made throughout 2012. He then ran a huge race in defeat in a very strong MR104 Handicap of a mark of 94, finishing third and was thrown into some even stronger races after that, contesting in a Listed race where he ran with credit and most recently in a Grade 3 which was just a bit too strong, though. Down in a MR96 Handicap of a mark of 92 he must be a big runner at his favoured track over his favoured distance.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.