Jump Racing - Thursday 17th January

14:20 Wincanton
Paul Nicholl's saddles up the 10 year old
Definity
in this race who I believe without a doubt brings the best form to the table in this race. This race may not all be about ability for him though as he has had 674 days off the track and clearly has had his problems but if he runs to a fraction of his ability, I believe he can land this race at a decent enough price. With only 7 races to date since his first run in 2008. From those seven runs, he has only finished out the first 2 twice which came on his chase debut at Exeter where he finished 4/8 and on his latest outing back in March 2011 when finishing 5/20 at Cheltenham. Despite finishing 5th that is some cracking form considering that was in a listed raced where he was only beaten by 7 and a half lengths. He was beaten by some decent horses such as
Divers, Quantativeeasing
and
Tullamore Dew
so it was no disgrace to finish where he did. He returns today off a 6lb lower mark and down into a class 3 race which is a fair drop in class. Providing Nicholls has this horse stripped fit and ready for this race, which I believe he will have, then he can certainly run away with this. The long absence off the track is my only concern for this horse as it's clear as day that he poses great ability. The horse is a previous course winner and has won races from 2m4f up to 3m so today's trip of 2m5f shouldn't be a bother for him.
5pt win Definity @ 5/2 (Bet365 - BOG)

Re: Jump Racing - Thursday 17th January Blimey, need a winner! *Brick Red > Wincanton 3:20 > WIN @ EVENS Paddy Power BOG* Should really hack up here. Was backed off the board last time out, went off 2/1 and hacked up by 8 lengths in a decent race. Is gone up 7 pounds for that win, but the manner of it's last win, that won't come close to stopping it here. Is a two-time distance winner, track and conditions will suit, and should be 4/6 at best in my book. Venetia Williams stable are in good nick, and I will be disappointed if this horse doesn't win this with a bit in hand.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.