Apprentice watch

Following apprentices can be highly profitable as I'm sure that many people have discovered. That 7, 5 or 3lb claim can prove to be invaluable and is often overlooked by punters. Over the past year or so we've benefited from the rides of claimers such as Michael J M Murphy, Samantha Drake, Michael Nolan and more recently, Robert Tart. I didn't want to make this a personal thread as I was hoping that others would contribute. Let's not turn this into a negative thing, as being non professional riders they don't deserve that, but they do deserve some praise when they are outriding the pros.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Apprentice watch The only apprentice of note to win today has been Julie Burke, who claims 3lb. It was a generous 7/1 win on what was, in fact, the same runner that was her final ride of 2012. Over the past year she's ridden 202 and had 13 winners, so not very consistent. As a 5 & 7lb claimer though, I seem to remember her having a lot more success.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.