Magoos Hayburners

Thought I'd resurrect an old system of mine that went pretty well a few years back. I've left out most of the safety rules as they dont apply in the UK. Rules Must be the first last start winner going down from the top of the weights. Must be less than 10/1 pre-post. Applies to flat races as well as jumps. Must be TAB 1 2 or 3 only. Todays bets Lingfield R1 Tarooq Betfair @ $1.90 R2 Monumental Man Betfair @ $3.25 R4 Safwaan Betfair @ $4.00 R5 Fairyinthewind Betfair @ $2.66 R7 Miss Blakeney Betfair @ $1.98 Sedgefield R4 Matrow's Lady Betfair @ $2.90 R5 Uimhir A Seacht Betfair @ $1.64 Huntingdon R2 God's Own Betfair @ $9.60 Wolverhampton R1 Ioannou Betfair @ $4.00 R3 Kakatosi Betfair @ $6.20 R6 Flying Power Betfair @ $3.55 R8 Sinchiroka Betfair @ $8.60 Dundalk R2 Bangalore Diamond Betfair @ $5.10 R7 Balmont Flyer Betfair @ $2.62 The theory behind this system is that a few years ago I read an article by the late Don Scott, a legendary Australian punter who stated that most punters over study the form, considering many factors, but eventually come back to one or two factors which they use as their main yard sticks to make a selection. Those factors could be anything from winning strike rate, to track conditions, to the train/jockey combination, up in weight, down in weight, up in class, down in class, and so on, but they still come back to maybe two factors. He stated, in his opinion that the two most important factors, when assessing a race were the distance of todays race and recent form. Therefore, using the horses last start only as "recent form" I am assuming that the trainer knows what distance suits the horse, and that todays distance, after winning last start, is suitable. In conjunction with the handicapper rating the horse as one of the top three horses in the race, I chose to use these simple rules to formulate the system. Small stakes only if you're going to follow these. Mrs Magoo said that if you do your arse, she will send you some of her favourite recipes... Good luck all...bet for the win or e/w...up to you....:hope