Jump Racing > Friday 4th January

*Vodka Moon > Musselburgh 3:40 > 0.5 Points e/w @ 14/1 Stanjames BOG* Didn't figure on debut at Carlisle when 6th of 7 @ 40/1, but now interesting to see it nibbled in the market for what is a small stable of Sharon Watt's. The horse has a weight of 10-7, but there is also a 7 pound claimer on board which gives it a real featherweight here, and if there is improvement to come, it certainly should go through the soft ground with this light weight. Her horse's have actually being running very well, 3 of her last 4 horse's have placed, and this is her first day of runners of 2013.

Re: Jump Racing > Friday 4th January 2.40 Musselburgh - 2pts win Ifyouthinkso @ 9/1 (Bet365) I don't like quite a lot of the runners in here - even those at the head of the market - so I feel that Chris Grant's horse represents some nice value against the field. Form questions and ground concerns are rife among plenty of these in my eyes with the favourite far from certain to enjoy the softer ground than he ran on last time out. Similarly, Syndication hasn't shown too much over jumps and was likely flattered in a jumpers bumper last time. The blinkers may well improve the horse but I fancy that they'll have to. Ifyouthinkso ran adequately in a novice hurdle here last time and that run suggests to me he'll be competitive today. The winner is a nice type who went well off 120 recently so it was always going to be a stiff task to beat that one. The runner-up has finished 2nd again to a potentially good sort since and I reckon a stiffer test may suit my selection. He got outpaced but didn't lose any further ground from 2 or 3 out and wasn't battered by Denis O'Regan in the saddle. His pedigree suggests he'll enjoy further cut in the ground where others may not and he's still very unexposed. Coming into handicap company will obviously help given he's rated 101 and I think the bigger field will suit. O'Regan has a 22% strike rate at Musselburgh so the right man is on board and I'm hopeful this horse will go well with fewer doubts over him than the rest of the field.