BBOTD Friday 28th

cpo

3.00 Leopardstown Pandorama 0.5pt EW @ 25/1 StanJames Probably playing for a place here as I expect either Flemenstar or Sir Des Champs to win this but Pandorama is an interesting entrant in this race. He won the race back in 2010 very easily and followed that with a 7th in the Gold Cup. He injured himself in that race and hasn’t been seen since. It’s obviously a near impossible task for this horse after a 651-day absence but I feel there is reason to think he could run a big race. He has had 12 career starts, winning 9 times and finishing unplaced twice. Both of those efforts have come when travelling over to England and encountering quicker ground. I am happy to excuse both of those runs, as he is clearly happier in testing ground in his home country. He is 3 from 3 at Leopardstown and has successfully returned from a long absence twice in his career already. This is a stronger running of the race than when he won it 2 years ago but I find it interesting that connections are letting him take his chance here. They must have him in decent nick at home and I think at the odds he is worth a small interest.

Re: BBOTD Friday 28th Pandorama 3pm Leopardstown 25-1 Stan James - 0.5pt EW Agree with CPO here that it has a great chance of at least placing. Really lightly raced for a 9 year old, has proven it is a decent grade 1 chaser and won this race in 2010 and a novice chase here in 2009. Obvious concern is fitness with a long return from injury but potentially huge value in this race but an ew chance due to Flemenstar, Sir Des Champs and Tidal Bay.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.