Aidy's Antepost Jumps 2012/2013

Aidymac

Since we were discussing how difficult antepost betting is, I would like to prove how difficult it is. :lol Some people have a knack for it, like Mowgli and Mileni, who really know their stuff on horse's targets, value, and having the balls to risk a few quid at long prices. I am only going to be betting €1 per point, so I am not going to pretend I am investing a lot, as I am not, I wouldn't dream of investing a lot in a market I am terrified of, but I will for sure enjoy this little venture, and if i make any profit at all I will be chuffed, as i think it is a difficult market. :unsure If anyone else would like to have a crack at an antepost thread, feel free to have a go, as for me, we don't see enough punters that can make antepost pay. Good luck. *Arkle Trophy > Oscars Well > 5 Points E/W @ 12/1 > Hills (1/5 odds, 3 places)* Jessica Harrington won this race back in 2002 with Moscow Flyer and the Irish have also had success in the race in recent years with Forpaddytheplasterer winning it in 2009, and Sizing Europe winning in 2010. Sprinter Sacre hacked up last year, but it is Simonsig that leads the market this year, but for me, looks a tad skinny at the moment at around 3/1. I the ground turns up soft or heavy at Cheltenham this year, I can see Oscars Well being backed off the boards for the race, it thrives on soft ground, and was really impressive last time out at Navan when jumping brilliantly the whole way around, pushed out to win easily by 7 lengths on the bridle. It ran in the Champion Hurdle last year and finished 6th, on ground that did not really suit. I think Jessica Harrington has been targeting this race for some time, and for me 12/1 looks a very big price.

Re: Aidy's Antepost Jumps 2012/2013 *December Gold Cup > Nadiya De La Vega > 4 Points E/W @ 10/1 > Hills (1/4 odds, 4 places)* Impressed me when beating Easter Meteor here at Cheltenham back in October, and although it was 9 lengths behind Walkon last time out in the Paddy Power Gold Cup, I thought it travelled really well for a long way in extremely testing conditions, and I think it will improve for that run and will possibly turn the tables with Walkon. It is a French bred horse, so handling soft conditions and the hill is no problem for this horse in my opinion. A P McCoy is on it's back again which can only be a positive, and JP McManus has a habit for being able to ready one for the big day, like he has done so many times in the past. At 10/1 i think it is worth a punt.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.