One Italian at the Races (Daily Selections)

New month coming, so it's a good moment to start keeping a personal thread on my daily selections. I'm not a pro on horse racing, still much room to improve, but as a passionate fan of your (I mean British) racing world I'd like to share with PL community my thoughts. December 1st, 2012 4 UK meetings (3 jumps, 1 A.W.) for the day, making a total of 29 races schedule but Newcastle is still uncertain. Notable race: 3.10 NEWBURY Hennessy Gold Cup Chase (Grade 3 Handicap) (Class 1) (4YO plus) Winner £85,425 2.10 TOWCESTER - Two Rockers SP (1pt Win) Hurdles debutant after having won a P2P in Ireland. Pretty curious to see the value of this one, should be interesting if priced around 6/4. 3.40 NEWBURY - Fiftyonefiftyone 12/1 @PaddyPower #BOG (0.5pts E/W) Lighter runner in this Class 2 Hcp Chase with decent prospects. The form isn't particularly good but his mark of 129 is absolutely interesting since topweights in this one will run under 140/145 marks and Thomas Garner will take off another 7lbs. Oliver Sherwood stable is in cracking form having collected 3 wins over 7 runs in last two weeks and his 21% SR combined with a +£25.09 lsp at the course is very convincing. I like the first time booking of Thomas Garner since he 's having a wonderful year and considering the ability he had also to place his horses (20% of the time) at 12/1 looks like a solid E/W chances. The horse definitely has some quality but has to be consistent to perform at the final post, not too much concerned by the ground even considered no rain forecasted for tomorrow, could fly in the final sprint. 7.50 WOLVERHAMPTON - Percythepinto 7/2 @Bet365 #BOG (1pt Win) George Baker (2 wins out of 5 horses recently) lineups his lonely runner for today in Wol meeting. He carries a 6lbs penalty for his last win but his quick reappearance on one of the favourite Baker tracks (quite 20% lifetime SR for him here) made me think. George Baker (the jockey) in the saddle hoping to improve his +£64.78 lsp here as a jockey. Unusual Bakers' combo so and given their records at the track, despite the heavy hcp, should go very close. 9.20 WOLVERHAMPTON - Venetias Dream 4/1 @Bet365 #BOG (1pt Win) Beaten fav lto but with much room to improve. Not totally sold at this price but the trip should suit and William Carson is a decent booking for the ride and given the impressions she gave on her debut it's worth a shot anyway.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.