Boxing>Nov 30-December 1

hebert10

[TABLE=class: couponTable]

[TR] [TH=class: firstColumn]Friday 30 November 2012[/TH] [TH]Boxer 1[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Boxer 2[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Flintoff, A v Dawson, R (20:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]13/10 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]9 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]21/20 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.02 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=colspan: 6][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Price, D v Skelton, M (21:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]1/28 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]129 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]29 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.65 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=colspan: 6][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Saturday 1 December 2012[/TH] [TH]Boxer 1[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Boxer 2[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Fury, T v Johnson, Kevin (22:00 GMT) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]2/9 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]35 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.26 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Boxing>Nov 30-December 1 David Price v Matt Skelton Price Rounds 1-3 @ 6/5 Ladbrokes Another mismatch for me here, Price is far too good for most heavyweights at this moment and Skelton should pose no threat to his winning run. This is really just a career ending payday for Skelton as at the age of 45 he won't have many fights left in him, especially after fighting someone with the power of Price. Price has been dominant in recent fights and it'll only be a matter of time before we see him fighting someone worthwhile like Fury or one of the Klitschkos. I honestly think this will be an early win for Price as these are now just fights he wants to get over with, he has been saying in the media we could see more of him as Skelton will actually be able to take a punch, but Skelton hasn't fought anyone with half as much class as Price in recent years and the 45 year old should be gone within 3. And obviously we all want Freddie to pull it off! :ok

Re: Boxing>Nov 30-December 1 I feel there's big value in opposing Freddie if this isn't fixed. This guy has only had 3 fights, but he broke 3 ribs of the guy he fought in his 2nd fight. Freddie will pack a punch, but his technique looks a bit slappy, but I guess that's to be expected. He'll be a hero no matter what happens, and he's got some guts and willpower to do what he's done and what he's about to do. :ok

Re: Boxing>Nov 30-December 1

I feel there's big value in opposing Freddie if this isn't fixed. This guy has only had 3 fights, but he broke 3 ribs of the guy he fought in his 2nd fight. Freddie will pack a punch, but his technique looks a bit slappy, but I guess that's to be expected. He'll be a hero no matter what happens, and he's got some guts and willpower to do what he's done and what he's about to do. :ok
Watched a program about the run up to the fight and his preparation, looks as if he's been working really hard for this. Hopefuly he can at least hold his own and take it to a decision. Fair play to him though not many you'd see getting in the ring after coming off a cricket pitch! :\

Re: Boxing>Nov 30-December 1 5pts D.Price to beat M.Skelton in Rounds 1-4 4/5 Ladbrokes At his best Skelton has fought for a world title but he isn’t in his best shape at the age of 45 and I expect this to be another destruction by David Price. Skelton likes to get into his opponent’s face and smother them but he’ll do well to do that here without ending up flat on his back. Price has stopped his last six opponents inside four rounds and it can be a magnificent seven here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/price-vs-skelton-betting-david-price-can-defend-his-titles-with-another-quick-stoppage- 3pts A.Flintoff to win on points 2/1 Ladbrokes Everything seems to have been designed for Flintoff to go well in this fight. The opponent looks to be hand picked and the 4x2 minute rounds that the fight is scheduled for certainly benefits Flintoff and will keep him in his comfort zone. I think he will have enough skills to box and move out of range and make sure he doesn’t take too much heavy pressure and so there could be value on Flintoff winning on points. I think Fred will give this a good go and not shirk the challenge and his opponent has already said he doesn’t think he can win on points in this arena. At 2/1 Flintoff on points looks a fair play for those who want a bet on the fight. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/flintoff-vs-dawson-betting-andrew-flintoff-can-pull-off-a-points-win-on-his-pro-boxing-debut 4pts D.Vassell to beat R.Heffron 5/4 Stan James I think of the two Vassell has the least to prove and in a fight which I see going the distance his experience and trips over the distance will stand him in good stead for the fight. This is the first time Heffron will have fought a 12 round contest so the longer Vassell can keep him in there the more I would expect him to control the fight so at odds against I’ll take the champion here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/vassell-vs-heffron-betting-denton-vassell-can-outlast-his-less-experienced-opponent-in-manchester

A link to watch the fight. Put on big pic to clear the advertisements http://www.vipboxsports.eu/boxing/90591/1/freddie-flintoff-vs-richard-dawson-live-stream-online.html :hope
Don't be tight Bully, get yer tenner out! :lol In all seriousness, Boxnation is quality viewing for a tenner a month, one of my favourite channels. :ok

David Price v Matt Skelton Price Rounds 1-3 @ 6/5 Ladbrokes Another mismatch for me here, Price is far too good for most heavyweights at this moment and Skelton should pose no threat to his winning run. This is really just a career ending payday for Skelton as at the age of 45 he won't have many fights left in him, especially after fighting someone with the power of Price. Price has been dominant in recent fights and it'll only be a matter of time before we see him fighting someone worthwhile like Fury or one of the Klitschkos. I honestly think this will be an early win for Price as these are now just fights he wants to get over with, he has been saying in the media we could see more of him as Skelton will actually be able to take a punch, but Skelton hasn't fought anyone with half as much class as Price in recent years and the 45 year old should be gone within 3.
Good call :ok

Re: Boxing>Nov 30-December 1 Good call Hebert :ok 4pts T.Fury to beat K.Johnson by stoppage 5/2 Ladbrokes I think Fury could be the first man to stop Kevin Johnson here. Johnson did gas quite badly during the Prizefighter and I think the longer the fight goes on the more chance there is of that happening here. Fury doesn’t have one punch knockout power but he knows how to finish opponents when he sees them tiring and with his boxing skills coupled with his extra fitness I think 5/2 for Fury to stop Johnson looks a little big especially with him likely to want to lay down a marker for David Price. I can see Fury stopping this one late on. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/fury-vs-johnson-betting-tyson-fury-can-be-the-first-man-to-stop-kevin-johnson-in-belfast

5pts D.Price to beat M.Skelton in Rounds 1-4 4/5 Ladbrokes At his best Skelton has fought for a world title but he isn’t in his best shape at the age of 45 and I expect this to be another destruction by David Price. Skelton likes to get into his opponent’s face and smother them but he’ll do well to do that here without ending up flat on his back. Price has stopped his last six opponents inside four rounds and it can be a magnificent seven here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/price-vs-skelton-betting-david-price-can-defend-his-titles-with-another-quick-stoppage- 3pts A.Flintoff to win on points 2/1 Ladbrokes Everything seems to have been designed for Flintoff to go well in this fight. The opponent looks to be hand picked and the 4x2 minute rounds that the fight is scheduled for certainly benefits Flintoff and will keep him in his comfort zone. I think he will have enough skills to box and move out of range and make sure he doesn’t take too much heavy pressure and so there could be value on Flintoff winning on points. I think Fred will give this a good go and not shirk the challenge and his opponent has already said he doesn’t think he can win on points in this arena. At 2/1 Flintoff on points looks a fair play for those who want a bet on the fight. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/flintoff-vs-dawson-betting-andrew-flintoff-can-pull-off-a-points-win-on-his-pro-boxing-debut 4pts D.Vassell to beat R.Heffron 5/4 Stan James I think of the two Vassell has the least to prove and in a fight which I see going the distance his experience and trips over the distance will stand him in good stead for the fight. This is the first time Heffron will have fought a 12 round contest so the longer Vassell can keep him in there the more I would expect him to control the fight so at odds against I’ll take the champion here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/vassell-vs-heffron-betting-denton-vassell-can-outlast-his-less-experienced-opponent-in-manchester
Well done Kev, top notch. :ok

Re: Boxing>Nov 30-December 1 Tyson Fury to win on points @ evens (Stan James) is my call tonight. I see Fury doing a similar job to Vitali in this, comments on Boxrec from said fight state "Johnson moved well and proved difficult to hit and impossible to knock out, though he did not land a significant punch the whole bout". Given the fact that Johnson has not been the full 12 rounds since the Vitali fight, I may put enough to cover my stake on Fury 10-12 @ 10/1 (Ladbrokes)

Re: Boxing>Nov 30-December 1 "I never went in there looking to knock him out..." - Tyson Fury after a comfortable (but very disappointing to watch) points win over Kevin Johnson. Not a particularly convincing couple of days for British heavyweight boxing. David Price beats up an old man in two rounds, Andrew Flintoff is given a victory for PR purposes and Tyson Fury wasn't looking to win inside the distance.

Tyson Fury to win on points @ evens (Stan James) is my call tonight. I see Fury doing a similar job to Vitali in this' date= comments on Boxrec from said fight state "Johnson moved well and proved difficult to hit and impossible to knock out, though he did not land a significant punch the whole bout". Given the fact that Johnson has not been the full 12 rounds since the Vitali fight, I may put enough to cover my stake on Fury 10-12 @ 10/1 (Ladbrokes)
Good call. :clap

Re: Boxing>Nov 30-December 1 How would we price up a Fury V Price fight at the moment? I think I'd be having David Price long odds on, just don't rate Fury at all. Well done those with winning bets over the weekend. I haven't seen the David Price fight yet, saw the Fury fight and it bored me to tears. I wonder what Fury will have to say about the great lord jesus christ when he's picking his teeth and his ass off the canvas from a sledgehammer right from Price, if that fight ever sees the light of day. Paddypower go 1-4 on Price, 35-1 the draw and 13-5 for Fury. Skybet go 2-9, 3-1 and 33-1.

Re: Boxing>Nov 30-December 1 I can understand why people don't rate Fury - but I also think these same people are vastly overrating David Price. Yes, he looks to have devasting power but until he's chin has been tested I'll always have my doubts; this is a guy who was put on his arse in the am's with lighter gloves and wearing a headguard. Also I think Skelton, despite only lasting 2 rounds on Friday night showed the way to beat Price - to get inside. He managed it a couple of times and Price looked clueless, I think he'd have a whole heap of problems if he faced someone like Chisora and I'd imagine you'd get juicy odds of a Chisora win. As for pricing up against Fury, I'd still make Price favourite but not as short as the bookies have it. I'd go Price 4/7 Fury 6/4 Draw 33/1

I can understand why people don't rate Fury - but I also think these same people are vastly overrating David Price. Yes' date=' he looks to have devasting power but until he's chin has been tested I'll always have my doubts; this is a guy who was put on his arse in the am's with lighter gloves and wearing a headguard. Also I think Skelton, despite only lasting 2 rounds on Friday night showed the way to beat Price - to get inside. He managed it a couple of times and Price looked clueless, I think he'd have a whole heap of problems if he faced someone like Chisora and I'd imagine you'd get juicy odds of a Chisora win. As for pricing up against Fury, I'd still make Price favourite but not as short as the bookies have it. I'd go Price 4/7 Fury 6/4 Draw 33/1[/quote'] That is the problem really isn't it, he's been knocking out boxers either not very good or past their best. I was talking to PaulM about boxers records and how you see loads of KO/TKO in the early careers but as they step up in class those KO/TKO become less and there are more UD/SD/MD type results. A boxer in the mould of Mike Tyson would casue Price problems, early on in his career his head movement was quality, it had to be for someone so small to get inside against the big heavyweights with height and reach advantages. Sadly for heayweight boxing there doesn't look to be a Tyson type fighter out there or I haven't seen him yet.