Jumps Racing - Tuesday 30th October

2.00 Taunton - 2pts win Green Bank @ 16/1 (Bet365) I must admit I'm surprised at the price of Charlie Longsdon's runner who shaped well last time and should relish this three-mile trip. He only showed moderate form in Irish maiden hurdles but was regularly seen plugging on into midfield over 2 miles and 2m4f and suggested that he'd firstly like handicaps and secondly a longer distance. He ran over 2m4f for his new yard at Towcester last time out and stayed on very encouragingly for 4th, despite being 12l behind the winner come the line. However, the further they went the closer he got and I think he's really going to enjoy the extra half mile on offer this afternoon. The handicapper has dropped him 4lbs and the race wasn't suitable for him either last time as they didn't go a true gallop which is something this one would enjoy (got outpaced before staying on again). If they go a true tempo over three miles this afternoon then I'm confident my selection will be running into the picture for all this is a better race. There's plenty of stamina in his jumps-bred pedigree and if he can hold a decent position through the race I think he can make a mockery of his price. 3.00 Taunton - 2pts win Revani @ 7/1 (Bet365) Ruby Walsh jumps aboard Nick Williams' charge here and if improving for his seasonal reappearance I think he's got every chance of taking this 2m4f handicap hurdle. Some of his form last season is strong and points to him being fairly handicapped this afternoon. He's still relatively lightly-raced at the age of 5 and faced a baptism of fire on three novice starts when meeting Molotof, Broadbackbob and Cotton Mill on three different occasions. His effort against the latter of the three reads well (only beaten 22l and blundered the last) given that runner is rated 31lbs higher than my selection. His first run for this yard in March came after a little break and it was his handicap debut where he finished 3 1/4l behind a horse now rated 12lbs higher and my selection was entitled to come on for that. It was a similar story when running fairly well if a little bit flat at Wincanton last time out. He has no fitness issues this afternoon for the first time since going handicapping and I reckon today can be the day he proves himself better than his current mark of 114. 3.30 Taunton - 2pts win Palio Square @ 5/1 (Bet365) This horse badly lost his way since leaving Ralph Beckett last year and ran next to no good races over in Ireland prior to his return to these shores when acquired by John Flint. However, the market suggested that his new trainer had got a new lease of live out of the horse when strongly supported into favouritism at Wincanton last time and although the faith wasn't totally repaid, he ran a much better race to finish 5th of 20 behind the reopposing Cruise In Style. He gets a swing in the weights today and the fact there was so much confidence behind him that day suggests there is a win in him off his current mark. The ground was arguably on the sticky side for him last time as well so the better surface is a possible aid this afternoon as is the application of first-time blinkers. If these can eek out a little bit more then he looks sure to be going close this afternoon with the yard going fairly well and a capable claiming jockey on board.

Re: Jumps Racing - Tuesday 30th October Ballygarvey 2.30 Taunton. 0.5 pt ew. Needs to find more on the bare form of things, but now with Phillip Hobbs and has apparently jumped fences quite well. Makes chase debut today, so although needs more he may just be more suited to fences. Trip and ground's fine and the race lacks strength in depth. 12/1 Victor Chandler (bog)

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.