Early Melbourne Cup picks

Re: Early Melbourne Cup picks I'm also curious about the Cup even at this early stage.I really only like 3 which are Red Cadeaux, Americain and Brigantin.Its hard to guess yet because of barrier draw, weather and weights but it would seem Red Cadeaux should have a significant weight advantage over Dunaden.Red Cadeaux lost to Dunaden by the shortest margin in Melbourne Cup history.So we know he can run the distance and we also know he has the class to hang with Dunaden. Americain is another proven horse in the Melbourne Cup.He had an excellent run in the Caulfield so looks to be travelling well.I'm waiting for the weights to evaluate his chances more. Brigantin is a bit of an unknown.The Geelong Cup form has been a terrific indicator of Melbourne Cup form the past 2 years but i believe the form isnt as good this year.However, Brigantin has a victory over Dunaden and based on that alone, he shows a lot of class.Also i felt in the Geelong Cup, he is much better over a longer distance so i expect him to run better than in Geelong where he came 2nd. I believe Gatewood will not run in the Cup

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.