BBOTD Wednesday 17th

cpo

3.15 Nottingham Swynmor 1pt win @ 8/1 Bet365 This horse gets in here at a nice weight because of his age but he looks to be a very progressive type, especially on the forecast soft ground. He wouldn't mind any more deterioration in the ground but it is no surprise that his poorest effort came on good ground when behind Sir Graham Wade in a good race at Goodwood. He ran a cracker at Chester last time out in a better race than this one to finish 2nd and to go down by just a shoulder. He beat some very good handicappers that day such as Prussian and Universal but I feel he can go one better in this. The William Haggas yard are in great form at the moment and he has a decent enough record at the track. First Mohican is the short price favourite for this race but he returned form over 700 days off the track to win last time out so it will be interesting to see how he runs here. He may well turn out to be much better than this lot but I would rather be taking him on at such skinny odds.

Re: BBOTD Wednesday 17th 17.10 Lingfield: Kinglami @ 6/1 Bet365 After breaking his maiden tag at Kempton in August he's gone close in all his last starts while always travelling well but failing narrowly either. I thought the most eye-catching and interesting performance was the most recent one, when he stepped up to 1m for the first time. He really travelled well that day at Kempton but had a long way through the whole field to go in the home straight from the rear of the field and that was a mission impossible to catch the eventual winner who made all from the front. He finished in impressive fashion though, staying on extremely well and it confirmed that he has no problems to stay the trip anyway. He dropped 1lb for this effort surprisingly and really gets a chance by the handicapper I think while staying over over one mile but switching to Lingfield's All-Weather track for the first time which I feel could suit his running style way better. He's still lightly raced and can improve further over this trip and should have a cracking chance of winning here in this race as the bottom weight.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.