Flat Racing Tuesday 9th of October

*Moderator - Wolverhampton 7:00* Hacked up at Epsom in an apprentice race in September. Runs of 76 tomorrow on the polytrack, but it's last run on this surface it ran off a mark of 78, so i actually 2 pounds lower now than from that run, so looks very well treated and looks an improving type. Harry Bentley stays on board, Gary Moore doesn't leave many fav's behind him and the yard had a winner today. *1 Point WIN @ 7/4 Ladbrokes BOG*

Re: Flat Racing Tuesday 9th of October Going to have a go at all of the Anthony Carson runners tomorrow. Two looks to have an excellent chance and the other 2 are running in maidens. See what it brings 8.00 Wolverhampton Brimstone Hill 1.5pts EW @ 8/1 Bet365 Think this horse has a cracking chance of following up his recent CD win off a 3lb lower mark in what looks a weak race. For me there are less than a handful that can win this race but Brimstone Hill looks the most solid option. It has taken time for Anthony Carson to get to the bottom of him but he followed two solid runs at Wolverhampton and Epsom by winning fairly comfortably last time out over CD. The handicapper has been kind by putting him up just 3lbs, but it looked a pretty smooth success. He was always travelling best of all in behind the front runners, and looked the likely winner a long way out. The winning margin wasn't that far but I would fancy him to be just as competitive off his new mark. He is well drawn in 3 here and will hopefully go well for William Carson. The Anthony Carson stable are in great form at the moment and actually done my a favour with Consider Yourself winning earlier in the week. They haven't had many horses running in recent weeks but all have run beyond expectation and have run much better than their price would suggest. The main dangers look to be Tis Rock 'n' Roll and Capacious. Tis Rock 'n' Roll only scraped home last time out over CD but has been put up 6lbs for that win. I wouldn't be so sure of him confirming the form with Sarmation Knight who was unlucky 4th in that race but he looks one of the main dangers. Capacious is the interesting one making his handicap debut. He ran well last time out to finish 2nd at this track and looks as though this extra furlong will suit. The James Fanshawe Yard in great form at the moment but this one has a tough draw in 10. Handicap debutants are always hard to weigh up but he looks a big danger to my selection. 4.20 Brighton Lyric Poet 1.5pts EW @ 8/1 Bet365 This horse finds it very hard to get his head in front with just 1 win on turf but that win came on soft ground over today's trip off a mark of 60. He is down now to a mark of 62 but talented claimer from the jumps William Twiston-Davies, has been booked for the ride and he takes off 7lbs which puts him on a mark of 55. He has really struggled off mark's in the 70's but should be competitive off this mark. He best form on turf has actually come when on soft ground and this will only be the 3rd time he has got soft ground. His recent form has probably been better than the figures suggest and last time out he chased a really fast pace which won't have suited. The yard are in cracking form and I would hope this horse could at least get placed in what looks an ordinary race. 4.40 Leicester Teth 0.5pt EW @ SP Don't know much about this horse other than she has been very disappointing so far for Godolphin and over in France. She has switched yards again and interestingly enough they step her up to 7f for the first time in her career. They also turn to the hood for the first time which certainly has worked several times this year already for other horses. She is well bred and maybe a change of scenery might bring about some improvement from her. 5.10 Leicester Made it 0.5pt EW @ SP Don't know anything about this horse other than she makes her debut in what looks a tougher race than Teth's race. On breeding, I would expect her to handle any cut in the ground but she was bought cheaply compared to some of these so I would expect her to go off at big odds tomorrow.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.