BBOTD Tuesday 9th

cpo

8.00 Wolverhampton Brimstone Hill 0.5pt EW @ 8/1 Bet365 Think this horse has a cracking chance of following up his recent CD win off a 3lb lower mark in what looks a weak race. For me there are less than a handful that can win this race but Brimstone Hill looks the most solid option. It has taken time for Anthony Carson to get to the bottom of him but he followed two solid runs at Wolverhampton and Epsom by winning fairly comfortably last time out over CD. The handicapper has been kind by putting him up just 3lbs, but it looked a pretty smooth success. He was always travelling best of all in behind the front runners, and looked the likely winner a long way out. The winning margin wasn't that far but I would fancy him to be just as competitive off his new mark. He is well drawn in 3 here and will hopefully go well for William Carson. The Anthony Carson stable are in great form at the moment and actually done my a favour with Consider Yourself winning earlier in the week. They haven't had many horses running in recent weeks but all have run beyond expectation and have run much better than their price would suggest. The main dangers look to be Tis Rock 'n' Roll and Capacious. Tis Rock 'n' Roll only scraped home last time out over CD but has been put up 6lbs for that win. I wouldn't be so sure of him confirming the form with Sarmation Knight who was unlucky 4th in that race but he looks one of the main dangers. Capacious is the interesting one making his handicap debut. He ran well last time out to finish 2nd at this track and looks as though this extra furlong will suit. The James Fanshawe Yard in great form at the moment but this one has a tough draw in 10. Handicap debutants are always hard to weigh up but he looks a big danger to my selection.

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 9th 16.10 - Leicester - Cockney Sparrow @ 9/1 BetVictor Really competitve 3yo handicap to get stuck into here and i feel that Peter Chapple Hyam's entry will fare batter now dropped back in trip. She bolted up on handicap debut by 7L off a mark of 71 at Beverly back in April. She was then sent to a Listed race at Chepstow where he was a close up 6th (only beaten by 3L) the form of the race has worked out okay with plenty of the runners around him now rated much higher than the 78 she runs off tomorrow. 2 runs since have been slightly dissapointing, both over 14f which looking back at the runs maybe appears to stretch her stamina and the 12f she gets tomorrow looks to be more to her liking. Will like the cut in the ground - 2 best runs to date have come on Soft ground. Buick booked which is obviously a positive and whilst there are many dangers in this race i feel this is a fair price now she is back in a race with conditions to suit.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.