BBOTD Thursday 20th

cpo

4.40 Ayr Hillview Boy 1pt win @ 12/1 Ladbrokes I need something to keep me up till 2am so thought I would post a few bets before we set off in the morning. This is a cracking little race in which their are 2 horses from my favourite trainer David Barron. I don't think they can win though and will take them on with the Jim Goldie trained Hillview Boy. Muffin Mcleay comes here after a break but won well last time out but looks a little high in the weights in what is a very competitive race. He is only a 4 year old though so could be open to more improvement, but to win this off an 8lb higher mark is a tough ask. His other runner Suits Me, will more than likely try and make the running. He has made the frame several times this year off higher marks so it isn't out of the question here but there is another possible front runner in Circumvent in the field which means he won't get it his all way in front. I believe these two will set it up for something coming from off the pace. Scrapper Smith is certainly interesting after a cracking run at Chester in listed company. He won this race last year just getting the better of Las Verglas Star. Both of them should be in the mix but the one I like is Hillview Boy. He races off 88 in this race which is his lowest mark since 2009. He finds it hard to win but everything looks in place for a good run. He goes well on soft ground and has run well on both career starts over CD. He will need a strong pace to be seen to his best but he should get that with a couple of front runners in the field. Daniel Tudhope is in much better form now and his confidence should be much higher after his recent wins on Set the Trend and Doc Hay in good races. This is a pretty open handicap in which several could be given a chance but if Hillview Boy gets a good pace to run at, then he could be finishing best of all off what is a sliding handicap mark.

BBOTD - Thursday 20th of September KEMPTON 8.10 - 1m Condition Stakes (3yo+) Primaeval 1pt Win 3/1 (Bet365 *BOG) Clear fav in his race this 6yo gelding trained by J. Fanshawe goes to Kempton to continue his classy record. A 5 time A.W. winner coming off a great 2012 (two wins and a 6th/18 at Ascot, if we keep off Royal Meeting in which the soft ground have played a major role) this boy should have a lot of credit to spend today and his last time out, early this month, was pretty good in a Class 2 handicap event. Last two successes here were in very competitive fields, while I don't see any major threat for him in this meeting. The step up in trip should increase his odds and Hayley Turner already won 4 times on Primaeval (and both the outings run there). Stable is red hot and Fanshawe usually sends here very competitive horses. Missed the 7/2 by a few minutes, but still a lot of value imho.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.