Flat Racing Wednesday 19th

cpo

3.15 Yarmouth Emirates Queen 2.5pts EW @ 5/1 Bet365 I have had decent sized bet on this horse tomorrow. Timepiece clearly sets the standard here and could take this race quite easily but Yarmouth for me is a bit of a favourites graveyard. Since the first running of this race back in 1993, the clear favourite has only won this race twice with those wins coming back in 2005 and 1997. I do think Timepiece is the most probable winner of this race but I fancy taking her on with the talented Emirates Queen. This horse disappointed last time out on soft ground at Salisbury but before that she had improved with every run and looked like a really progressive type. She only narrowly got beat at York by Barefoot Lady, pulling 5 lengths clear of the 3rd horse. Gathering who finished 3rd that day has since narrowly been beaten into 3rd in a group 3 race and Barefoot Lady won a big race in Canada over the weekend. I would put Emirates Queen's run at Salisbury as a blip and I would excuse her that run due to the ground. Hopefully she can resume her progress here and take the notable scalp of Timepiece. Luca Cumani continues in good form as does Kieron Fallon. I don't like using the phrase bet to nothing but I would like to think Emirates Queen could at least make the frame here. 4.20 Yarmouth Barwick 1.5pts EW @ 8/1 Ladbrokes Barwick showed last time out at Sandown that he continues in good form and a return to this track could bring about another win. His record here reads 1-1-3 with both wins coming over CD. His 3rd was a fast finishing effort over 7f behind a decent horse in Green Howard. He races off a mark of 80 here with his highest ever winning mark being 76. His 3rd place at this track did come off this mark so I feel he can definitely be competitive off 80. There are few in this race that have plenty to prove and a couple that come into the race in cracking form. Mark Tompkins runners always seem to show their best form at this track and he is the top trainer here. Barwick should give a good account here at a track that he clearly thrives at.

Re: Flat Racing Wednesday 19th 14.20 Sandown: Rebecca Romero @ 10/3 VC Rebecca Romero was a massively unlucky horse last time out at Bath. She travelled like a dream in mid-division, even 1f out on the bridle but simply had no room to go. When she finally was in the clear she finished strongly but it was too late. It's fair to assume she would have won this race with a clear run. She is a very consistent sort and obviously in very fine form and despite being on a career highest mark it looks as if she is still very well handicapped as she is still progressive and improving. Richard Hughes is booked for the ride which looks significant too, he has a 26,67% strike rate with trainer Coackley. So everything looks in place for a big run as Rebecca Romero is also down in class but is allowed to race of the same mark as she did in Bath last time. 17.35 Sandown: Savanna Days @ 10/1 StanJames I thought she was very impressive here at Sandown lto. She travelled beautifully in rear of the field and didn't have the clearest of runs but still finished strongly and wasn't far beaten in the end. She's up by 2lb in the mark for this effort but she didn't have many races yet and can still improve. She won very well at Kempton off 76 earlier the year and despite being a turf maiden she is poised to win a good race on turf. It's a competitive race here but conditions should be fine and if she gets a clear run the she won't be far away. 20.15 Kempton: Al Mayasah @ 6/1 Bet365 Al Mayasah is excellent in form, showed two serious performances on the All-Weather recently. She finished a close 2nd here at Kempton lto in a competitive race. She travelled best of all and was 1f out still on the bridle and was only beaten by the fast finishing Triple Charm. She went up 2lb in the mark but looks capable of winning of this sort of weight and the form is franked thanks to Golden Tempest who finished 4th in the Kempton race and who won recently a good Handicap at Sandown.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.