** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

Shanghai Masters 2012 (17-23 Sept)

kevshat

The next major of the snooker season begins on Monday with the Shanghai Masters taking place, funnily enough in Shanghai :loon. The tournament is covered on Eurosport throughout the week and the usual betting sites and looking at the draw should be a good week of snooker. Draw can be found here: http://www.worldsnooker.com/page/Drawspage/0,,13165~2919442,00.html

Re: Shanghai Masters 2012 (17-23 Sept) Tournament preview: 1pt ew S.Maguire to win Shanghai Masters 18/1 Stan James (1/2 1-2) Stephen Maguire is the player I like this week. He has an annoying first round opponent in Peter Ebdon but if he can get past him the draw opens up in a big way. The other main seed in his quarter is John Higgins and anyone who saw him in the Premier League on Thursday night will know he is in awful form right now so I really do see Maguire getting to the semi final if he beats Ebdon. Mark Selby would be a troublesome opponent in that semi final were he to get there but with a fair draw 18/1 on Stephen Maguire looks a shade too big to me this week. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/shanghai-masters-betting-stephen-maguire-can-take-advantage-of-a-kind-draw-to-land-the-shanghai-title

Re: Shanghai Masters 2012 (17-23 Sept) Two outrights for me this week. Taking this one.....

Tournament preview: 1pt ew S.Maguire to win Shanghai Masters 18/1 Stan James (1/2 1-2) Stephen Maguire is the player I like this week. He has an annoying first round opponent in Peter Ebdon but if he can get past him the draw opens up in a big way. The other main seed in his quarter is John Higgins and anyone who saw him in the Premier League on Thursday night will know he is in awful form right now so I really do see Maguire getting to the semi final if he beats Ebdon. Mark Selby would be a troublesome opponent in that semi final were he to get there but with a fair draw 18/1 on Stephen Maguire looks a shade too big to me this week. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/shanghai-masters-betting-stephen-maguire-can-take-advantage-of-a-kind-draw-to-land-the-shanghai-title
and this one.... 0.5pts ew M.Fu to win Shanghai Masters 80/1 Betfred (1/2 1-2) Even though Marco Fu doesn't have a nice draw I think with snooker the way it is it is almost irrelevant what the draw is like because the fields are so strong these days. Form is probably the biggest thing to look at and there can't be many players in better form than Marco Fu right now. Fu made it to the semi finals of the Australian Open earlier in the season and was runner up in the PTC last weekend where he beat the likes of Mark Williams, Ali Carter and Shaun Murphy. He has got Judd Trump in his quarter which is more than a little bit of a concern but Trump isn't unbeatable and with the form Fu is in there's no way he should be scared of him. Historically Fu has tended to go well for a while when he's in form, it's been the getting into form which has been the issue. He's in form, he's as good as at home and should be well suited to the conditions so at 80/1 I think he could go very well this week.

Re: Shanghai Masters 2012 (17-23 Sept) Opening day match odds: [TABLE=class: couponTable]

[TR] [TH=class: firstColumn]Monday 17 September 2012[/TH] [TH]Player 1[/TH] [TH]Player 2[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Davis, S v Zhu, Yinghui (07:30 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.53 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.88 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]99.94 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Fu, M v Lu, Haotian (07:30 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.3 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4.33 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.00 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Jones, Jamie v Lu, Ning (07:30 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.00 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Milkins, R v Zhou, Yuelong (07:30 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.31 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.34 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Day, R v Wang, Yuchen (12:30 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.22 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5.5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.15 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] King, M v Zhao, Xintong (12:30 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.41 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]99.49 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Stevens, M v Perry, J (12:30 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.67 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.52 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]99.56 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Williams, M v Davis, M (12:30 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.62 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.73 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Shanghai Masters 2012 (17-23 Sept) Monday's TV matches preview: 3pts Z.Yinghui to beat S.Davis 7/4 Stan James Davis has lost his consistency through the years and when he’s under the most pressure he can sometimes buckle. Yinghui will be at home in the conditions and as long as he can negate Davis’ safety exchanges, which with the way the Chinese youngsters pot from distance is perfectly possible, there’s nothing to suggest Yinghui can’t win this at a decent enough price. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/davis-vs-yinghui-betting-steve-davis-could-be-a-casualty-of-the-controversial-wildcard-round-in-shanghai 4pts M.Williams vs M.Davis - Over 7.5 frames 5/6 Paddy Power In all honesty I’m not sure who I think will win this match but I do think it will be a tight match hence why I’m not sure who will win. I don’t really want to commit to a winner but I will commit to the over 7.5 frames. For this to come in we need 5-3 either way and both players are playing well enough to suggest this could be one of those punch and counter-punch so of matches. At 5/6 I like over 7.5 frames here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/williams-vs-m-davis-betting-mark-wililams-may-be-made-to-work-hard-for-his-spot-in-the-second-round 4pts J.Perry to beat M.Stevens 6/4 Blue Square I think Joe Perry is worth chancing here given Stevens’ clear dislike for the shorter matches. These two met in the World Open last season and Perry won that match 5-4 and I think he can win this one too even though it may need to be that tight. It might not though because Stevens was playing well going into the World Open and that’s not the case at the minute which gives me more confidence to take Perry to win this one. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/stevens-vs-perry-betting-joe-perry-is-in-the-sort-of-form-to-take-out-stevens-over-the-shorter-format

Re: Shanghai Masters 2012 (17-23 Sept) Four for me on the opening day. These two.......

3pts Z.Yinghui to beat S.Davis 7/4 Stan James Davis has lost his consistency through the years and when he’s under the most pressure he can sometimes buckle. Yinghui will be at home in the conditions and as long as he can negate Davis’ safety exchanges, which with the way the Chinese youngsters pot from distance is perfectly possible, there’s nothing to suggest Yinghui can’t win this at a decent enough price. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/davis-vs-yinghui-betting-steve-davis-could-be-a-casualty-of-the-controversial-wildcard-round-in-shanghai 4pts J.Perry to beat M.Stevens 6/4 Blue Square I think Joe Perry is worth chancing here given Stevens’ clear dislike for the shorter matches. These two met in the World Open last season and Perry won that match 5-4 and I think he can win this one too even though it may need to be that tight. It might not though because Stevens was playing well going into the World Open and that’s not the case at the minute which gives me more confidence to take Perry to win this one. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/stevens-vs-perry-betting-joe-perry-is-in-the-sort-of-form-to-take-out-stevens-over-the-shorter-format
and these two..... 3pts Lu Ning to beat J.Jones 2/1 Blue Square Lu Ning beat Jamie Jones in the China Open last year and then went on to beat Shaun Murphy so we know he can play this game. He's also beaten Nigel Bond in one of these wildcard rounds so he has plenty of pedigree. Jamie Jones finished last season brilliantly with his excellent run in the World Championship but he hasn't started this season too well. In fact he's barely won a match this season as the expectation seems to have got the better of him. He's the one under pressure here but in conditions which will suit him I'm happy to take Lu Ning in this one to complete a quickish fire double over Jamie Jones. 3pts Zhao Xintong to beat M.King 5/2 Sportingbet Not too many people will know too much about Zhao Xintong and in truth I don't know a lot about him either except that he's 14 and he has beaten Xiao Guodong and Yu Delu in the opening Asian PTC of the season before he lost in a deciding frame to Stephen Lee. From what I can work out the Chinese youngster has played a lot of exhibitions or charity matches with Mark Williams who has spoken highly of him in a couple of interviews which shows that the kid has some game. Mark King is always a tricky one to predict but he doesn't arrive in China in the best of form so this is definitely a banana skin. At 5/2 I'll take a chance King feels the pressure and even though he should win, I'll oppose him with the local youngster.

Re: Shanghai Masters 2012 (17-23 Sept) Day 2 odds: [TABLE=class: couponTable]

[TR] [TH=class: firstColumn]Tuesday 18 September 2012[/TH] [TH]Player 1[/TH] [TH]Player 2[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Maguire, S v Ebdon, P (07:30 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.61 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.62 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.07 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] O'Brien, F v Chen, Feilong (07:30 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.25 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.00 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Robertson, J v Jin, Long (07:30 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.8 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.22 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.60 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Selby, M v Cope, J (07:30 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.33 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.85 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.97 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Allen, M v Lu, Haotian (12:30 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.3 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.92 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Carter, A v Milkins, R (12:30 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.62 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.73 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Ding, Junhui v King, M (12:30 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.37 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.6 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.77 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Murphy, S v Dale, D (12:30 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.00 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Shanghai Masters 2012 (17-23 Sept) Tuesday's TV match previews: 4pts M.Selby (-2.5 frames) to beat J.Cope 11/10 Ladbrokes It is no surprise with Cope’s all or nothing style that his record against Mark Selby isn’t a good one and I don’t expect it to improve a lot here. These two met at this stage of the tournament last year and Cope was beaten 5-0 and then they met in the Wuxi Classic earlier this season and Selby repeated the drubbing. It is hard to see Cope improving to the extent that he’ll win the match and unless his game is at the very best it can be I see this being quite easy for Selby. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/selby-vs-cope-betting-mark-selby-can-begin-defence-of-his-title-with-another-comfortable-win-over-jamie-cope 4pts S.Maguire vs P.Ebdon - Over 7.5 frames 5/6 Bet365 It is difficult to see a way where this match can’t be close. Ebdon won that China Open final in a deciding frame and with both men heading out to Shanghai in good form there’s nothing to suggest this will be settled before a deciding frame. Both men are cueing well, scoring well and both are tactically astute and used to the big occasion so I expect this to go over 7.5 frames and finish no worse than 5-3 either way. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/maguire-vs-ebdon-betting-china-open-final-repeat-looks-like-being-as-close-now-as-it-was-then 4pts M.King (+2.5 frames) to beat D.Junhui 4/5 Stan James I’m not sure whether King will beat Ding in this match. Betting on matches involving Ding is quite tough at the minute because he has no consistency in his results at all. One thing I do think though is King can win three frames. Ding is under pressure here. He has the eyes of billions on him wanting him to win and succeed and historically he’s struggled here. He might fall over the line as King isn’t the best opponent in the world but I don’t think it will be before King gets to 3 frames. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/ding-vs-king-betting-mark-king-can-take-advantage-of-the-pressure-ding-is-under-out-in-shanghai 4pts S.Murphy vs D.Dale - Over 7.5 frames 11/10 Paddy Power When these two met at this stage of the tournament last year Murphy won 5-4 and I think this could be close again this year too. Both come into this tournament off the back of good, morale boosting runs in the third UKPTC last week with both being the beaten semi finalists and so with both playing well 5-3 or closer either way could well be a favoured scoreline. Given that the over 7.5 frames is odds against in this match and with the form of both and their meeting last year being close I’m happy enough to take that here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/murphy-vs-dale-betting-ukptc3-semi-finalists-can-play-out-a-tight-first-round-match-in-shanghai-masters

Re: Shanghai Masters 2012 (17-23 Sept) [TABLE=class: couponTable]

[TR] [TH][/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Wednesday 19 September 2012[/TH] [TH]Player 1[/TH] [TH]Player 2[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Bingham, S v Ford, T (07:30 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.58 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.72 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.06 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Davis, S v Walden, R (07:30 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.25 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.41 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.69 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Lee, S v Campbell, M (07:30 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.45 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.15 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.71 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Gould, M v Day, R (12:30 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.9 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.1 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.00 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Higgins, J v Jones, Jamie (12:30 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.51 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]99.56 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Trump, J v Hawkins, B (12:30 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.36 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.85 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]99.31 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE] Two other matches which haven't made their way to odds-comparison yet. Neil Robertson vs Chen Feilong at 7.30 and Graeme Dott vs Jin Long at 12.30.

Re: Shanghai Masters 2012 (17-23 Sept) Wednesday TV previews. Good day for those who followed Tuesday's ones with 3/4 winners. 5pts N.Robertson (-2.5 frames) to beat C.Feilong 8/11 BetVictor Even though Feilong has had a match on the tables this week I think he might struggle here. Neil Robertson is an elite player and one thing which has improved in the last 12-18 months or so is his B game and even though results haven’t gone his way this season so far, he’s lost to players in or on the fringe of the top 16. He doesn’t feel the pressure in these matches where he is a huge favourite and I think he’ll have too much for the Chinese youngster here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/robertson-vs-chen-betting-neil-robertson-should-enjoy-smooth-passage-into-the-second-round-in-shanghai 4pts S.Lee vs M.Campbell - Over 7 frames (with tie) Evs Bet365 Marcus Campbell has lost a few tight matches since the run to the semi final of the Wuxi Classic and were he to lose this I think it will be another tight match. Even if he wins this match I think it will be quite tight because Stephen Lee has enough momentum to not know when he’s beaten at the minute. Over 7 frames looks a big price at evens in this match because 5-3 or 5-4 either way would look a strongly likely scenario. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/lee-vs-campbell-betting-stephen-lee-could-be-made-to-work-hard-in-shanghai-masters-opening-round 4pts J.Jones to beat J.Higgins 2/1 Ladbrokes I’m going to take the Welshman here even though he only had a top break of 30 in his wildcard match. To win 5-2 with a top break of 30 shows that the other areas of his game were working well. He will have been under all sorts of pressure in that match too as the professional playing a wildcard so I expect him to be more relaxed in this match and ready to play some real snooker. Words can’t describe how awful Higgins was in the Premier League last week and if the same Higgins shows up here his stay in China will be a very short lived one. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/higgins-vs-jones-betting-jamie-jones-can-see-off-a-struggling-john-higgins-in-shanghai-first-round 4pts B.Hawkins (+2.5 frames) to beat J.Trump 4/5 Betfred Hawkins didn’t just beat Trump in the PTC last month, he has actually won their last three meetings in all tournaments so he clearly has something of an Indian sign over Trump or is Trump’s bogeyman for whatever reason. The good thing about Judd Trump is he can be out of form but then turn up and play his best snooker and win a match which is why I’m taking Hawkins on the handicap here rather than the straight win but at 4/5 on the +2.5 frame handicap there’s no need to take Hawkins to win five frames when he’s good odds to win three. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/trump-vs-hawkins-betting-barry-hawkins-can-push-judd-trump-all-the-way-in-shanghai

Re: Shanghai Masters 2012 (17-23 Sept) No bets for me on Tuesday as I ran out of time to place any but I'm hitting Wednesday hard enough. -4pts for the tournament so far. Taking these three.....

Wednesday TV previews. Good day for those who followed Tuesday's ones with 3/4 winners. 5pts N.Robertson (-2.5 frames) to beat C.Feilong 8/11 BetVictor Even though Feilong has had a match on the tables this week I think he might struggle here. Neil Robertson is an elite player and one thing which has improved in the last 12-18 months or so is his B game and even though results haven’t gone his way this season so far, he’s lost to players in or on the fringe of the top 16. He doesn’t feel the pressure in these matches where he is a huge favourite and I think he’ll have too much for the Chinese youngster here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/robertson-vs-chen-betting-neil-robertson-should-enjoy-smooth-passage-into-the-second-round-in-shanghai 4pts J.Jones to beat J.Higgins 2/1 Ladbrokes I’m going to take the Welshman here even though he only had a top break of 30 in his wildcard match. To win 5-2 with a top break of 30 shows that the other areas of his game were working well. He will have been under all sorts of pressure in that match too as the professional playing a wildcard so I expect him to be more relaxed in this match and ready to play some real snooker. Words can’t describe how awful Higgins was in the Premier League last week and if the same Higgins shows up here his stay in China will be a very short lived one. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/higgins-vs-jones-betting-jamie-jones-can-see-off-a-struggling-john-higgins-in-shanghai-first-round 4pts B.Hawkins (+2.5 frames) to beat J.Trump 4/5 Betfred Hawkins didn’t just beat Trump in the PTC last month, he has actually won their last three meetings in all tournaments so he clearly has something of an Indian sign over Trump or is Trump’s bogeyman for whatever reason. The good thing about Judd Trump is he can be out of form but then turn up and play his best snooker and win a match which is why I’m taking Hawkins on the handicap here rather than the straight win but at 4/5 on the +2.5 frame handicap there’s no need to take Hawkins to win five frames when he’s good odds to win three. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/trump-vs-hawkins-betting-barry-hawkins-can-push-judd-trump-all-the-way-in-shanghai
and this one.... 3pts J.Long to beat G.Dott 3/1 Boylesports Graeme Dott hasn't won too many matches in recent times and his confidence could well be low enough now to make him very vulnerable here. Not only does he play a wildcard in this match but he plays a competent wildcard at that as Jin Long not only came through his wildcard round here but he beat Ding Junhui in the World Open last season in a match which really showed he can play this game. Having been on the tour for a couple of seasons he has a little bit of experience behind him too and with nothing to lose in this match he's a very dangerous animal. Graeme Dott isn't the mentally strongest at the best of times with his depression and self doubt and he must be in quite a low ebb with his game at the minute. Of course Dott is good enough to beat anyone on any given day but at 3/1 I'll take the chance this isn't his day and that the wildcard Long pips him to a spot in the second round.

Re: Shanghai Masters 2012 (17-23 Sept) Thursday's match odds: [TABLE=class: couponTable]

[TR] [TH=class: firstColumn]Thursday 20 September 2012[/TH] [TH]Player 1[/TH] [TH]Player 2[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [TH] [/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Carter, A v Maguire, S (07:30 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.38 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.69 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.19 %[/TD] [TD=class: tvListings][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Cope, J v Bingham, S (07:30 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.37 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.68 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.63 %[/TD] [TD=class: tvListings][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Perry, J v Robertson, N (07:30 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.4 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.00 %[/TD] [TD=class: tvListings][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Williams, M v Walden, R (07:30 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.61 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.56 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.97 %[/TD] [TD=class: tvListings][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Allen, M v Trump, J (12:30 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.54 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.66 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]99.37 %[/TD] [TD=class: tvListings][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Higgins, J v Day, R (12:30 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.54 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.76 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.17 %[/TD] [TD=class: tvListings][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] King, M v Murphy, S (12:30 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.25 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.45 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]99.73 %[/TD] [TD=class: tvListings][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Lee, S v Dott, G (12:30 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.76 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.33 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]99.68 %[/TD] [TD=class: tvListings][/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Shanghai Masters 2012 (17-23 Sept) Thursday's TV match previews: 4pts S.Bingham (-1.5 frames) to beat J.Cope 6/5 Boylesports I must admit I like the way Stuart Bingham is playing at the minute and I think he’s scoring well enough to take care of business in this match. I still don’t rate Jamie Cope much and I don’t believe you can rely on an all out potting game at this level anymore. It’s just too risky. One of the reasons why Stuart Bingham has been winning matches and tournaments recently is that his tactical game has got a lot better and his tactical nous and scoring power can see off the Shotgun in this second round match. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/bingham-vs-cope-betting-wuxi-classic-runner-up-bingham-can-move-nearer-another-final-in-china-with-cope-win 4pts M.Williams vs R.Walden - Over 7.5 frames 5/6 Paddy Power It’s hard to pick a winner of this match. Both are playing well and both tend to produce their best snooker out in China so I would expect this to be a close match. You could argue there’s a bit of value in Walden but in my eyes not quite enough value so the bet I like is over 7.5 frames. Both men have won at least three frames in all three of their most recent meetings which doesn’t surprise me as both are good competitors. With both playing well and both solid tournament players I find it hard to believe this will be one sided so I’ll take the over 7.5 frames here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/williams-vs-walden-betting-two-tournament-winners-in-china-can-produce-a-tight-tussle-in-shanghai-second-round 4pts M.Allen to beat S.Murphy 6/4 Coral In truth I don’t see too much between these two players at the minute. You can’t help but feel that Hawkins let Trump off the hook in their match on Wednesday and if Mark Allen gets into that position in this match he will have no problems galloping over the finish line. While Trump’s safety game has improved over the last 12-18 months or so he does still have an element of all or nothing about his game and he pushes the boat out a bit more than he should. If he’s slightly off his game, as he has been for a while, that could play into the hands of the Ulsterman here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/trump-vs-allen-betting-mark-allen-has-the-all-round-game-to-put-paid-to-trump-s-chances-in-shanghai 4pts S.Murphy (-1.5 frames) to beat M.King 3/4 Boylesports I like Murphy here and I think he could well win with a bit in hand despite a sudden raft of deciding frame matches he’s been involved in this season. He is a much heavier scorer than Mark King who often needs two of three chances to win a frame. With the form Murphy is in there’s no guarantees he will get them so I like the Magician to win this and win it by a tidy margin. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/murphy-vs-king-betting-shaun-murphy-can-come-past-last-year-s-semi-finalist-with-a-bit-to-spare

Re: Shanghai Masters 2012 (17-23 Sept) Fancying a few on Thursday. This one.....

Thursday's TV match previews: 4pts S.Bingham (-1.5 frames) to beat J.Cope 6/5 Boylesports I must admit I like the way Stuart Bingham is playing at the minute and I think he’s scoring well enough to take care of business in this match. I still don’t rate Jamie Cope much and I don’t believe you can rely on an all out potting game at this level anymore. It’s just too risky. One of the reasons why Stuart Bingham has been winning matches and tournaments recently is that his tactical game has got a lot better and his tactical nous and scoring power can see off the Shotgun in this second round match. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/bingham-vs-cope-betting-wuxi-classic-runner-up-bingham-can-move-nearer-another-final-in-china-with-cope-win
and these..... 6pts J.Perry (+2.5 frames) to beat N.Robertson 4/5 Betfred This price is all wrong. There's no way Perry can be 4/5 to win three frames in this match regardless of how both men played in the first round let alone the fact that Joe Perry was actually much the better player. The only reason I'm taking him on the handicap rather than to win the match outright is because these two are good friends and that always makes the game different to a normal game. I'm much more confident Perry will win three frames than I am that he has the conviction to win the entire match, especially when his winning record against Robertson isn't great. I thought Perry played lovely stuff against Matthew Stevens on the opening day of the event. He knocked in a ton and a couple of other big breaks where Robertson struggled for the most part in his first round match. He didn't move the cue ball very well and rarely had control of it and often needed more than one chance to win a frame, which fortunately for him he got. I'm not so sure he'll get the chances he needs in this match before Perry wins three frames off him. Robertson has never done well in China and I've a sneaky feeling he might lose this match but I'm more confident he'll concede three frames whoever ends up winning. 4pts S.Lee (-1.5 frames) to beat G.Dott 6/5 Ladbrokes Stephen Lee has something like a 9-2 head to head record over Graeme Dott which is quite incredible really when you consider that Dott is such a strong competitor, or has been in years gone by. Stephen Lee is very much the man in better form of these two and I'm not sure a win over Jin Long in the first round changes that in Dott's favour. Lee is a regular at the quarter final stages of events and beyond at the minute so winning these sorts of matches is proving no problem for him whereas Dott hasn't been to a quarter final on a regular basis for a while now. Lee tends to perform well in China too for some reason and I expect him to perform here too and get rid of Dott and get rid of him no worse than 5-3 at what looks a more than fair price when you factor in their head to head record. 3pts R.Day to beat J.Higgins 7/4 Boylesports Although the head to head favour isn't in Ryan Day's favour between these two I do think the form book is and at 7/4 I'm prepared to take the Welshman to win this match. Higgins ended up playing well against Jamie Jones in the first round but he was well on his way to a 3-1 interval deficit before Jones called a foul on himself in the fourth frame when he was nicely in the balls. Admittedly after the interval Higgins played well but even then he had some nice nudges and flicks and things which he benefitted from. One person who isn't here on luck is Ryan Day. He's played two matches so far this week. He won a wildcard match 5-0 and then he beat a rejuvenated Martin Gould 5-4 on Wednesday. In the 10 frames he's won he has knocked in three centuries so he is scoring very well and if Higgins keeps needing multiple chances a frame to win the frame then he could come unstuck in a big way here. I'm not convinced Higgins has turned the corner in his form yet but I am confident Day has so I'll take the Welshman at these prices.

Re: Shanghai Masters 2012 (17-23 Sept) Mark Allen v Judd Trump Mark Allen to win @ 2.5 Coral I like the price on Allen here and see no reason why Trump should be favoured as Allens been playing the better snooker of late. Trump was quite lucky in the last round and in Allen he's meeting an opponent who quite frankly won't let him off the hook as easily. 1pt ew Ricky Walden outright @ 29 Sportingbet Wanted to watch a couple of games in the tournament as i knew there would be a few early casualties from the big guns. I've decided to take Walden as i feel he always brings his best snooker to China and he can overcome Williams i'm sure he can go on to win it. At this price i think he's definitely worth a bet.

Re: Shanghai Masters 2012 (17-23 Sept)

Mark Allen v Judd Trump Mark Allen to win @ 2.5 Coral I like the price on Allen here and see no reason why Trump should be favoured as Allens been playing the better snooker of late. Trump was quite lucky in the last round and in Allen he's meeting an opponent who quite frankly won't let him off the hook as easily. 1pt ew Ricky Walden outright @ 29 Sportingbet Wanted to watch a couple of games in the tournament as i knew there would be a few early casualties from the big guns. I've decided to take Walden as i feel he always brings his best snooker to China and he can overcome Williams i'm sure he can go on to win it. At this price i think he's definitely worth a bet.
Both bets lost 2012 Snooker Record: 0-2 (-3)

Fancying a few on Thursday. This one..... and these..... 6pts J.Perry (+2.5 frames) to beat N.Robertson 4/5 Betfred This price is all wrong. There's no way Perry can be 4/5 to win three frames in this match regardless of how both men played in the first round let alone the fact that Joe Perry was actually much the better player. The only reason I'm taking him on the handicap rather than to win the match outright is because these two are good friends and that always makes the game different to a normal game. I'm much more confident Perry will win three frames than I am that he has the conviction to win the entire match, especially when his winning record against Robertson isn't great. I thought Perry played lovely stuff against Matthew Stevens on the opening day of the event. He knocked in a ton and a couple of other big breaks where Robertson struggled for the most part in his first round match. He didn't move the cue ball very well and rarely had control of it and often needed more than one chance to win a frame, which fortunately for him he got. I'm not so sure he'll get the chances he needs in this match before Perry wins three frames off him. Robertson has never done well in China and I've a sneaky feeling he might lose this match but I'm more confident he'll concede three frames whoever ends up winning. .
Great shout there Kevshat :ok Bets for today John Higgins v Ali Carter 1pt Over 7.5 Frames @ 1.83 Paddypower Both players have been good thus far in the competition and i expect this to be a close one. Carter looked impressive when seeing off Maguire 5-0 in the last round and should bring that form in to this game. Higgins also played well against Ryan Day winning 5-0 and it wouldn't surprise me if either of the 2 won this tournament. expecting a really tight 5-4 or 5-3 here. Was going to back shaun murphy to beat Bingham aswel but really not liking the odds on offer.

[TR] [TH][/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Friday 21 September 2012[/TH] [TH]Player 1[/TH] [TH]Player 2[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Higgins, J v Carter, A (07:30 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.61 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.58 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.87 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Williams, M v Perry, J (07:30 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.52 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.87 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.57 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Bingham, S v Murphy, S (12:30 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.68 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]99.52 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Dott, G v Trump, J (12:30 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.35 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.41 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.77 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Shanghai Masters 2012 (17-23 Sept) Friday QF previews: 4pts A.Carter to beat J.Higgins 6/4 Blue Square This should be a good match but I like the way that Carter is playing at the minute and if he gets the chances Higgins gave Jones I think he’ll punish him. I don’t expect Carter to give Higgins the sort of chances Ryan Day was giving him and if he can keep Higgins under pressure I think we’ll see the Scot crack. Higgins doesn’t perform to his best in China and I don’t think he’s played his best this week so I have to take Carter in this one. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/higgins-vs-carter-betting-ali-carter-can-safety-fly-past-higgins-in-quarter-final 4pts M.Williams vs J.Perry - Over 7.5 frames 10/11 Bet365 Both men will think they have every chance of winning this match and both come into the match playing well. If I had to pick I think Joe Perry could edge it, with the emphasis very much on edge it. I think it will be a close match. There isn’t a huge amount between these two players so I see it potentially going all the way but certainly going at least 5-3 either way. Both men have good safety games and both are scoring well so this quarter final should turn into a real close battle. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/williams-vs-perry-betting-mark-williams-and-joe-perry-look-like-going-all-the-way-in-shanghai 4pts S.Bingham to beat S.Murphy 6/4 Stan James I think Bingham has played the more solid snooker this week and if we think back to their Premier League meeting last week, although it finished 3-3 Bingham was 3-0 up and cruising before an unfortunate in off turned the match on its head. Credit to Murphy for fighting back but the way this week has gone if Bingham can get ahead early I think he’ll run away with this whereas even if he’s behind Murphy has proved he might still get chances to come back and win so it is Bingham for me. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/murphy-vs-bingham-betting-stuart-bingham-can-see-off-an-inconsistent-murphy-in-shanghai-quarter-final 4pts J.Trump (-1.5 frames) to beat G.Dott 8/11 188bet Dott has had a good run this week but I think Trump will be too good for him. He is one of those players who usually ups his game with the winning line in sight in a tournament and I expect him to play well here and if he does he should win this and win it no worse than 5-3. When Trump plays well there isn’t anything Dott can do because Trump will pot balls from anywhere and that should see him to a comfortable enough win here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/trump-vs-dott-betting-judd-trump-should-have-a-bit-too-much-for-dott-in-shanghai-last-eight

Re: Shanghai Masters 2012 (17-23 Sept) Cheers Hebert. Two for me today which are these two....

4pts A.Carter to beat J.Higgins 6/4 Blue Square This should be a good match but I like the way that Carter is playing at the minute and if he gets the chances Higgins gave Jones I think he’ll punish him. I don’t expect Carter to give Higgins the sort of chances Ryan Day was giving him and if he can keep Higgins under pressure I think we’ll see the Scot crack. Higgins doesn’t perform to his best in China and I don’t think he’s played his best this week so I have to take Carter in this one. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/higgins-vs-carter-betting-ali-carter-can-safety-fly-past-higgins-in-quarter-final 4pts S.Bingham to beat S.Murphy 6/4 Stan James I think Bingham has played the more solid snooker this week and if we think back to their Premier League meeting last week, although it finished 3-3 Bingham was 3-0 up and cruising before an unfortunate in off turned the match on its head. Credit to Murphy for fighting back but the way this week has gone if Bingham can get ahead early I think he’ll run away with this whereas even if he’s behind Murphy has proved he might still get chances to come back and win so it is Bingham for me. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/murphy-vs-bingham-betting-stuart-bingham-can-see-off-an-inconsistent-murphy-in-shanghai-quarter-final

Bets for today John Higgins v Ali Carter 1pt Over 7.5 Frames @ 1.83 Paddypower Both players have been good thus far in the competition and i expect this to be a close one. Carter looked impressive when seeing off Maguire 5-0 in the last round and should bring that form in to this game. Higgins also played well against Ryan Day winning 5-0 and it wouldn't surprise me if either of the 2 won this tournament. expecting a really tight 5-4 or 5-3 here. .
Bet won 2012 Snooker Record: 1-2 (-2.17)

[TR] [TH][/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Saturday 22 September 2012[/TH] [TH]Player 1[/TH] [TH]Player 2[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Williams, M v Trump, J (07:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.46 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.67 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.53 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Murphy, S v Higgins, J (13:30 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.18 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.83 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.52 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Shanghai Masters 2012 (17-23 Sept) Good work in the Higgins/Carter match mate. Semi final previews: 4pts M.Williams vs J.Trump - Over 9.5 frames 11/10 Paddy Power Both players went through a deciding frame in the quarter final and I wouldn’t be surprised if this one goes all the way too. Both players are masters of counter punching so it’s hard to see either running away with this match. With the total frames line at 9.5 I think there is plenty of mileage in the overs especially at odds against. Both will fight to the end here and I think it will be won 6-4 or 6-5. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/trump-vs-williams-betting-opening-shanghai-semi-final-looks-like-going-all-of-the-way 4pts J.Higgins (-1.5 frames) to beat S.Murphy 6/5 Blue Square This is the best Higgins has played since he won that world title in 2011 and now we are down to a one table situation I think Higgins will thrive and set up another world ranking event final. Murphy is playing well but he doesn’t make the number of finals that a man with his action and his talent should do. Higgins has got stronger and stronger with each match this week and I see no reason why he won’t improve again and I think he can not only win this but win it with a bit to spare. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/higgins-vs-murphy-betting-john-higgins-can-make-it-to-his-first-final-since-2011-with-win-over-murphy

Re: Shanghai Masters 2012 (17-23 Sept) John Higgins v Judd Trump 4pts Higgins to win @ 2.28 Betfair 4pts Trump Highest Break @ 1.91 Coral Going to take Higgins here, i think Trump will push him all the way but if Higgins can get into him and stop him making his big breaks and not let him get in to a rhythm then he should win this. Trumps a great break builder and i think the 1.91 on him to get a highest break looks appealing. Higgins knowledge and experience should hand him the title here.

Kevshat' date=' 2.20 on Trump to make more than 1 century with Paddy is a really good price isn't it?[/quote'] I've no opinion either way tbh mate. He's only hit two all week in 21 winning frames so on that ratio possibly not. Like I say I've no strong view either way. Isn't a price which jumped out at me anyway :ok. Final preview: 4pts J.Higgins to beat J.Trump 11/10 William Hill I like Higgins in this final. I think he has a game which is perfect to combat Judd Trump’s style. Judd likes to get the balls open and pot them from the lampshades but Higgins’ tactical game is so good that he makes it as hard as possible to do that. There will be times when Judd gets in and dishes up but over the course of 19 frames I expect the veteran four time world champion to prevail in this one. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/trump-vs-higgins-betting-john-higgins-can-claim-another-ranking-event-title-in-repeat-of-2011-world-championship-final

John Higgins v Judd Trump 4pts Higgins to win @ 2.28 Betfair 4pts Trump Highest Break @ 1.91 Coral Going to take Higgins here, i think Trump will push him all the way but if Higgins can get into him and stop him making his big breaks and not let him get in to a rhythm then he should win this. Trumps a great break builder and i think the 1.91 on him to get a highest break looks appealing. Higgins knowledge and experience should hand him the title here.
Not too annoyed the highest break bet lost as Higgins 147 was superb but at least i got the winner right. 2012 Snooker Record: 2-3 (-1.05)