Disappointing year

I don't know about you guys but I have found 2012 a disappointing year from the viewpoint of betting and also as a spectator / racing fan. Firstly the weather as a whole has been abnormal , plenty of rain producing unpredictable results . A lot of fast ground horses have not had their ideal ground and the preparation of some early season types was delayed because of excessive rain. I like to wade into Group 1s because most connections are trying 100% and there is a lot less hanky panky in these types of races , however this year for one reason or another I've not had a big bet. Black Caviar , Frankel , SNA and Camelot have been odds on in some of their respective races that betting opportunities are negliable / slim .The classics haven't been that exciting with only Camelot emerging as a superstar , his triple crown attempt whilst good for the sport makes little betting appeal. Frankels races haven't been betting opportunites , I layed him big in the Lockinge at 1/4 but he whizzed it. The last 2 named whilst are so far ahead of their rivals , its boring to watch them stroll in the park with their opponents pushing and not making any impact. Frankel without doubt a superstar and one of the best in a generation or 2 , is going for the Champion Stakes and is currently 1/10 ante post to beat the same rivals he's beaten time and time again . We all suspect he stays an extra 300 odd yards so why not show the public the ceiling of his ability and go for the Arc ? This is the race we all want him to go for but it looks like they're going for the safer option. The only thing I'm looking forward to is a donkey rated in the 40s who will hopefully get me out of the **** if the trainer can leave the handbrake off. Overall not a vintage year bar the 2 superstars , what do you think ?

Re: Disappointing year Betting wise it's been an excellent year for me. I've found myself adapting to the weather and haven't noticed a huge decrease in number of winners as I mainly kept my eye on how the stallion's progeny performed on the going. I'm encouraged that 2013 will be even better and that I can start properly supplementing my income.