Money management - starting bankroll

cougar

Hi everyone, I've recently become a member of this forum but although I have some strong sources of information about 2 leagues from different countries, I'm not such an experienced punter - I mean haven't been doing that on a regular basis. Starting with this month I've decided to invest a part of my savings in betting and try to increase my incomes from this area. Therefore I would very much appreciate any advice from your experience regarding the way of staking. My starting bankroll will be EUR 1.500 (it's not so much, but for the moment it's all I can afford to lose). I decided to use 3 bookies: 2 for single bets (600+600) and 1 for parlays (300). Having a rather small budget, it's obvious that if I want to generate more profit I must have a good yield, meaning I have to reinvest my capital much more times comparing to someone who's got a far bigger betting bankroll. So I was thinking to use the following staking system: 1 - medium confidence bets => stake 3% from bankroll = EUR 45; 2 - high confidence bets => stake 4% from bankroll = EUR 60; 3 - very high confidence bets (very few/season) => stake 6.67% from bankroll = EUR 100. How do you see this strategy? It's better this way or should I stick to flat stakes only? Are staking percentages OK or should I lower/increase them? Any advice will be highly appreciated! Thanks and good luck!

Hi.... U need to calculate your Longest or Actual losing run over how ever many bets u would expect to have over a year/season or whatever your parameters might be. Once u know that multiply it depending on how confident u r in your selections... Then divide your Total by your bank - that's your stake per bet... Probably as clear as mud! Stuck on phone!

Re: Money management - starting bankroll

is that word (invest) wrong here? I'd just like to know if I think right' date=' that's all.[/quote'] No it's not wrong, that was just Jase's opinion. I'm not an expert, but my impression is that your maximum % stakes are quite high. I have heard that the maximum should be 2% or less. To be safe, I suggest maximum 1% to start with. You would look at this thread ... http://forum.punterslounge.com/threads/133047-Money-management-on-sports-betting And there is plenty of free information about staking on the internet - try searching for things like 'staking', 'money management' and sports betting.

Re: Money management - starting bankroll

Hi.... U need to calculate your Longest or Actual losing run over how ever many bets u would expect to have over a year/season or whatever your parameters might be
Have you yourself done any backtesting on this system that you are starting with? Or are there at least several seasons worth of past results that you can do some testing with? By testing, I mean looking at the results, the wins, the losses, the frequencies of wins and losses, etc. Because if you have no idea about how these are spread out over the course of a season, you will probably end up screwing your bank. As The Saint suggested, you should calculate your longest losing run, at least that way, you will be able to deal estimate what kind of betting strategy would best be used with this idea you have. Somewhere on this site, somebody posted about how to calculate the likely max number of losers in a row - you should look into that too. Because using only acutal data over a short amount of time can only help a little bit. I think you have the wrong idea about making money from betting - you shouldn't start off thinking that the only way you can increase your yield is by increasing your stakes - that is dangerous, because as soon as you hit a few losses...bank could be wiped out. How are you judging the confidence of these bets? This too could be a big factor in your betting. What kind of strike rate do your very high/high/medium confidence bets have? And why are you betting on medium confidence bets? Is it because you are trying to increase your yield? What's clear to me is that you shouldn't just start with this system. Paper trial at least for 3 or 4 months (but 3 or 4 seasons worth of backtested data should be at hand too). If this is a good system/idea you have, with a few months & seasons of previous data at hand, you will be more experienced too. Good Luck and don't rush into anything :ok

• 1 month later...