BBOTD Tuesday 11th September

Lodge

Redcar - 5.30 - Auto Mac @ 10/1 Bet365 BOG Really open apprentice handicap this and i have sided with one of the 2 entries from the Neville Bycroft yard. Auto Mac has only had 3 runs so far in 2012 and if building on his last run, i feel he should go close. His first 2 starts of the season can be excused in my opinion, the first of which he will have needed after a long break and the 2nd over a trip which looks to far for him in soft ground. Lto he ran much more creditably, when dropped back to 8f and on a firmer surface, it was also the first time this season he has worn blinkers - the same headgear which brought about the improvement to see him gain his first career success last season. He finished 5th in that last run after fading slightly in the final furlong or so and i think coming back in trip even more to 7f will suit - especially as his only career win came over that distance. He has been dropped 2lb since the last run and looks treated off of a mark of 62 to me, despite not winning in handicap company to date. Has one of the field's better apprentices booked in Adam Beschizza and with the small yard not having a bad 2012 i think this one could well outrun his double figure odds providing the rain stays away!

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 11th September *Willbeme - Redcar 3:30* Was very impressive when winning 2 of it's last 3 runs and looks a very progressive unexposed horse. Was a close 6th of 16 last time out in a Class 4 at Haydock where it went off a clear favourite, and now drops into much weaker Class 5 company tomorrow, 0-75 company. Runs off the same mark as last time out, but has a 7 pound claimer on board so is effectively 7 pounds lighter. I think it will take a lot of beating. Bycroft stable have been doing ok, and i think 4/1 is still value as i think it should be around 2/1. *1 Point WIN @ 4/1 VC BOG*

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.