Value Double on Sunday Tennis

edtkh

8 pts Ljubicic-Mauresmo double (3.08 @ William Hill) I am surprised Ljubicic is rated at a massive 2.75 to beat Joachim Johansson considering he holds a 2-0 h2h (and both these meetings were played just last year on hardcourts) over the Swede. As most who follow the game will know by now, Johansson is a big server in the mould of the Roddicks and Philippoussis with little else to offer. Over the course of this week, he has clearly struggled against the only big server he was up against in Feliciano Lopez. Ljubicic is another player who possesses a strong serve (though nothing like what Johansson possesses) as a weapon in his arsenal as well; however, he does have better returns than Johansson and I feel that could make a difference to the outcome of this match. All in all, wouldn't surprise me if this turns out to be a 7-6, 6-7, 7-6 match either way, but I just feel Ljubicic is massively overpriced given the form and records between these two coming into the match. As for Mauresmo, she's just a class above Safina and she should really take this more comfortably(considering she has the backing of the home crowd as well) than she did when she last played Safina at the Australian Open a couple of weeks ago. Just adding this in to enhance the odds. Cheers & Good Luck! :ok

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.