Flat Racing Sunday 9th of September

Aidymac

*Odins Raven - York 4:00* I like the Ellison stable a lot, and this horse should go well for them tomorrow i hope. It's last run was over the jumps at Market Rasen back in July, but on the flat is only 4 pounds above it's last winning mark, but Paul Pickard takes off 3 pounds, so is effectively only 1 pound higher. That win came here at York over half a mile shorter, but just over 2 miles should suit fine tomorrow. Ellison yard is in good form, and the jockey has won on 3 of his last 9 rides for the yard. *1 Point WIN @ 15/2 Paddy Power BOG*

Re: Flat Racing Sunday 9th of September 2.55 York - 1pt win Blanche Dubawi @ 9/1 (Betfred) Personally think this price is on the generous side (was even bigger earlier) as this filly is a really classy type and would have needed the run last time out at Newmarket. She's certainly no 9/1 shot in my eyes on what she achieved at the back-end of last season and I think she's definitely capable of winning this. Although Mince is a nice type and I couldn't put anyone off really, I just feel she's too short for this and her better performances have tended to come at stiffer tracks than this. This is hardly Epsom I know but I couldn't take 5/2 about her personally. My selection is a strong-travelling type with a nice turn of foot and I think this race could be perfect for her. Not the largest field but sufficient pace in the race judging from the line-up and she should get a nice bit of cover and a lead into the race. She was far from disgraced on her return last month in a better listed event than this (Blanche Dubawi was lowest rated but is bang in the middle today) and I think Inxile might just struggle to saddle a penalty over 6f (only 2 from 11 wins over this trip and 2-15 overall at 6f). There isn't much to separate the next six and I just think Noel Quinlan's filly has a huge chance now she's got a run under her belt. She travelled well enough at HQ but didn't find as much off the bridle as normal and I think that was just a fitness thing. She was an impressive winner at Goodwood the only time Hayley Turner has been on board and was only beaten 3/4l by the classy Monsieur Chevalier at the same venue next time out (21lb disparity in the ratings). She was a bit slowly away and I reckon she had to make much of her challenge on a worse part of the track. Blanche Dubawi did very well to run at Newmarket after that having stumbled and being taken out around runners by Richard Hughes. It looked like the race had got beyond her by the time she had made that move (runner-up traded at 1/10 in the run) but she really stormed home to snatch victory late on. The runner-up ran to a level of around 100 so I think it was an impressive performance given the traffic problems. A repeat effort (minus the interference) of that would see her go very close today and she shouldn't be far away I hope.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.