Flat Racing Wednesday 5th of September

Aidymac

*Maastricht - Kempton 8:30* I am going to stick with Mark Johnston tomorrow, his stable is in great form. This horse has only ever run on turf, is running on the polytrack for the first time tomorrow, but Johnston horse's nearly always go well on the AW, they are tough horses, plodders. It won at Doncaster two runs back, beating Gassin Golf by half a length, but the pair were 13 lengths clear of the third placed horse, so that was a very promising run. It ran well at Newmarket last time out off a 6 pound higher mark, losing by only a length or so, the horse is in great form and if it handles the surface could prove hard to beat. 3 of Mark Johnston's last 7 runners have won, and 2 of his last 5 runners at Kempton have won also. Joe Fanning has won on 2 of his last 3 rides for Johnston. Should go well. *1 Point WIN @ 5/1 Ladbrokes BOG*

Re: Flat Racing Wednesday 5th of September 19.30 - Kempton - Red Hot Secret @ 25/1 (Boylesports, Ladbrookes, William Hill) Quite a speculative bet this one but i feel Jeremy Gask's runner should have a good chance of putting a poor run on her handicap debut behind her. The 3yo has only really shown signs of ability in 1 of her 4 runs but if reproducing that i feel she could outrun her odds tomorrow. That run was her 2nd outing in a competitive Newbery Maiden where she was 8th of 17, beaten by 6L. The form of that race has turned out to be very good with a number of subsequent winners most of which are now rated alot higher than the 66 Red Hot Secret will be running off tommorrow. Although she ran poorly on handicap debut lto there are a number of potential excuses, with the most likely being that the drop back to 6f being too sharp and also the fact she may not have got on with the first time blinkers. Upped for her first attempt at 8f, with the headgear removed i feel she will stand more chance of succeeding. She is also switched from turf to the AW for the first time, it is obviously hard to say whether she will handle the surface but the fact that the majority of the stables winner come on the AW is certainly a plus. She has a nice draw in stall 1, which is probably quite important considering the size of the field and has promising 3lb claimer Raul Da Silva onboard who travels from Bath to take this 1 ride. There are obviously a few questions that Red Hot Secret has to answer in tomorrows run but i feel she is worth a small bet at a large price.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.