Fulham v WBA > September 15th

staffy

Re: Fulham v WBA > September 15th I'm going for Fulham on this one. Fulham have lost arguably their two best player Dempsey & Dembele but are at home and will be looking to bounce back from the hammering at West Ham, they have Berbatov upfront to grab the goals and are always a danger at home. West Brom do look very solid this year so both teams to score wouldn't be a bad bet.

Re: Fulham v WBA > September 15th To be honest, I’m not sure how you could back a team that has just lost their two best players in Dempsey and Dembele. Sure Dempsey hadn’t featured this season, but both were key to any success they had last season, I think they scored something like 36 of Fulhams 48 goals that they registered last season. Cleary as the West Ham (and to an extent the Sheffied Wednesday cup game as well)result shows that this is a team in transition. I certainly don’t think they’ve brought any like for like replacements for those two, so we will need to see players like Kaciniklic step up and be more consistent, and perhaps the likes of Ruiz or Berbatov adjust there styles a little bit to replace the holes left by Dempsey and Dembele. I’m not convinced that this will work particulalry well and certainly in the short term I can see things being a little disjointed attacking wise . West Brom are solid enough to soak up whatever Fulham try to throw at them. Having kept much of the same team over the summer, they look a very strong outfit and away from home with two defensive midfielders they look a tough team to break down, and I’m not sure that Fulham have enough about them to overcome this. Upfront they have some quality, but whilst they are generally more reserved on the road, they didn’t have a terrible scoring record away from home last season, and in the likes of Gera and Morrison they have people who can score something out of nothing or provide dangerous set pieces. So I will take a small punt on West Brom +0.5AH 1.80 at BetFred ( 2 /10 units)

I'm plumping for fulham here @ a standout price of 2.15 - William Hill. I don't personally see the loss of dembele and Dempsey as being huge. They've shown so far that they can cope without either. Fulham are usually pretty strong at home, and with both these sides likely to finish around the same place in the league, I think the home side should be taken at over evens. Then throw into the mix that WBA haven't won at craven cottage since 1967, losing four out of their last five trips there. I think WBA have started well, but it's only a matter of time before their form evens out, and I don't personally think they can keep the level of performances going much longer. With the international break possibly disrupting their rhythm. Also, berbatov may start today, which I think will even out any notion of fulham being somewhat weaker due to the losses of dembele and Dempsey.