India vs New Zealand - Test Series

kevshat

India and New Zealand begin a weirdly timed test series on Thursday. The series is two matches long and both matches are live on Sky. I would imagine there will be a fair bit of attention on the series as it contains England's next test opponents. Already some decent betting markets are up so with both matches being televised, albeit at the crack of dawn, there should be some good betting opportunities even in what is a short series. All bets India/NZ in here :ok. Schedule: [TABLE=width: 630]

[TR=class: FixOdi] [TD=width: 25%]Thu Aug 23 - Mon Aug 27 04:00 GMT | 09:30 local 05:00 BST [/TD] [TD=width: 50%] 1st Test - India v New Zealand Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium, Uppal, Hyderabad [/TD] [TD=width: 20%] 28.png 24 - 32° C ci_weather_rightarrow.gif [/TD] [TD=width: 5%, align: right] [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 630, bgcolor: #FFFFFF, colspan: 4][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: FixOdi] [TD=width: 25%] Fri Aug 31 - Tue Sep 4 04:00 GMT | 09:30 local 05:00 BST [/TD] [TD=width: 50%] 2nd Test - India v New Zealand M Chinnaswamy Stadium, Bangalore [/TD] [TD=width: 20%]
N/A
[/TD] [TD=width: 5%, align: right] [/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: India vs New Zealand - Test Series Series preview: 3pts India to beat New Zealand 2-0 6/4 Ladbrokes The two grounds which are being used in this series are both good for the batsmen but you get the feeling, or at least I do, that India’s spinners contain a little more mystery about them and can have the edge over the Kiwi batsmen more than New Zealand’s bowlers will have over the Indians who are right at home in these conditions. I expect India to dominate the series with the bat and the ball and I expect them to win the series 2-0. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/india-vs-new-zealand-test-series-betting-india-s-batsmen-can-enjoy-home-conditions-enough-to-seal-series-whitewash

Re: India vs New Zealand - Test Series Good look all! Here are my outrights..... 5/10pts India to beat New Zealand 2-0 - 6/4 with William Hill A quick look at the squads shows the size of the task facing New Zealand to get anything out of this series. They lost a test series in West Indies and that means they will come in to this tougher arena very low on confidence in the 5-day format. The spinners should hold the key once again in this part of the world and there is a big difference between the bowling attack of each side. Looking at a New Zealand side without Daniel Vettori means I am struggling to see how they are going to take 20 wickets without a real top quality spinner to put in long, tight shifts. Their seam bowlers will obviously be in for a tough time but that task would have been made a little easier if they had someone of Vettori's class to put pressure on at one end. I can't see the likes of Tendulkar, Gambhir, Sehwag, Kohli etc. being put under much pressure often enough for the Kiwi bowlers to make consistent in-roads in to the batting line-up. India, however, as usual have a good bunch of bowlers to choose from who are obviously used to bowling on these pitches. In the caribbean the New Zealand batsmen struggled to post big scores often enough because they played poor shots at the wrong time and if they can't deal with a West Indies attack, they will struggle to put pressure on these bowlers in the sub-continent. Man for man, India hold the edge and the combination of batsmen capable of big, big scores along with these bowling conditions should mean they record a comfortable series win. 1/10pts K. Williamson top New Zealand series batsman - 11/2 with Stan James I think Kane Williamson will go well this series and this price represents some value. The first time I saw Williamson in action was in ODI's in Australia against the hosts and Sri Lanka. I was impressed with what I saw and thought he was very impressive against the spinners on show because of his willingness to use his feet and not get too bogged down by dot balls. The difference in pitch and spinners between there and here is big but he has shown that he has the technique needed to play spin well. Now, I know he didn't have the best of series against West Indies but because of his age I am not hugely worried that it will have left some mental scars. As I said earlier, the Indian bowlers will probably be on top throughout these matches and it will require someone to take them on and look to rotate the strike. From what I have seen, Williamson does that well and I think he could outscore the rest of this out of form batting line-up.

Re: India vs New Zealand - Test Series 1st Test... 2/10pts B. McCullum to be top New Zealand batsman (1st innings only) - 4/1 with SkyBet The last time Brendon McCullum was here with New Zealand he scored 225 runs so he should turn up tomorrow with a good feeling about the ground. Unlike a few of the Kiwi batting order he has a lot of experience of Indian conditions through his IPL career over the last few years. He is back opening up at the top of the order for this test and there will be a huge amount of pressure on him to get his team off to a good start. He strikes me as the kind of player who likes pressure and will look to get on top of the bowling so, if it comes off it could be spectacular but at the same time it could also result in a relatively early dismissal. I think 4/1 is good enough to pay to find out and hope it is the former. 4/10pts M. S. Dhoni performance points 108 and over - 5/6 with Bet365 Run - 1pts Catch - 10pts Stumping - 25pts The India captain will get at least 1 innings here I would think so there is every possibility that he could wipe out a big chunk of this total with the bat. I think India's bowlers will pick up the 20 wickets required to win this test and Dhoni will be stood up to the stumps for a large period of time. If 20 wickets fall there's a fair chance he will record a number of catches and being stood up to the stumps for the spinners brings the odd stumping chance in to play. If the bowlers go well, as I expect, Dhoni should be busy and he is more than capable with the bat so I think this line is a little short.

Re: India vs New Zealand - Test Series 1st test preview: 4pts R.Taylor's Performance Pts - 79&Over 5/6 Bet365 With two innings I would expect Taylor to push this total very close if not actually go past it. He’s a good player of spin and has a good record in India and against the Indians. If he doesn’t quite make this total with the bat then he’ll field close to the bat throughout the match and could well bag a catch or two to help boost the total. I expect Taylor to cover this with the bat though so over 79 is the bet for me here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/india-vs-new-zealand-1st-test-betting-ross-taylor-can-lead-from-the-front-with-the-bat-in-the-first-test

Re: India vs New Zealand - Test Series 3 for me in the series. This one, which I've had 4pts on rather than 3....

Series preview: 3pts India to beat New Zealand 2-0 6/4 Ladbrokes The two grounds which are being used in this series are both good for the batsmen but you get the feeling, or at least I do, that India’s spinners contain a little more mystery about them and can have the edge over the Kiwi batsmen more than New Zealand’s bowlers will have over the Indians who are right at home in these conditions. I expect India to dominate the series with the bat and the ball and I expect them to win the series 2-0. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/india-vs-new-zealand-test-series-betting-india-s-batsmen-can-enjoy-home-conditions-enough-to-seal-series-whitewash
and.... 2pts V.Kohli Top India Batsman 9/2 Stan James I was torn between Kohli and Gambhir in this market but I am a huge fan of Kohli and the fact he's moving up to three in this series and is a bigger price than Gambhir gives him the edge for me. Virat Kohli has been in excellent form for some time and if he keeps on at the pace he's going he's going to break all sorts of Indian records over his career. He's easily India's best player of seam bowling but he plays spin well too and with the second match of this series being on his home ground he will want to make sure he performs there to give the Bangalore people something to really cheer. Obviously Gambhir, Sehwag and even Tendulkar are massive dangers but at 9/2 I like Kohli who has developed into a real top class batsman. 2pts J.Patel Top New Zealand Bowler 9/2 Stan James I'm a little bit surprised at these odds because Bangalore in the second test will have nothing in it for the bowlers. We've seen that in copious IPL matches now so for Bracewell and Martin to be shorter than Patel is a little strange. I'm not saying I expect Patel to run through the Indians with 6 wickets an innings but he's in good bowling form and comes into the series match sharp which is key and without Vettori in the squad Patel will be the senior spinner. He'll bowl the most overs in the series for New Zealand barring injury and with Bangalore much more likely to suit him than anyone else other than Williamson, who's part time nature means I'm not considering him, I think Patel is a good bet at 9/2.

Re: India vs New Zealand - Test Series And 3 for the opening test.....

1st test preview: 4pts R.Taylor's Performance Pts - 79&Over 5/6 Bet365 With two innings I would expect Taylor to push this total very close if not actually go past it. He’s a good player of spin and has a good record in India and against the Indians. If he doesn’t quite make this total with the bat then he’ll field close to the bat throughout the match and could well bag a catch or two to help boost the total. I expect Taylor to cover this with the bat though so over 79 is the bet for me here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/india-vs-new-zealand-1st-test-betting-ross-taylor-can-lead-from-the-front-with-the-bat-in-the-first-test
and.... 4pts India (-100.5 runs) 1st Inns Lead 9/10 Sportingbet New Zealand couldn't stay within 100 runs of the West Indies in the first test of the series out there and that was with a load of ODI's to warm up with so I'm not seeing them staying within 100 runs of India in this first innings without a warm up match coming into the series. India's batsmen are all used to the conditions this match will be played in and they have much the better looking side for the conditions. For me New Zealand's batting looks light with Franklin in at 6 ahead of someone like Dean Brownlie while with the ball, Patel aside there's nothing to worry the Indians really. Zaheer is a master in Indian conditions and then the two spinners will always keep the Kiwi batsmen honest and none of them played spin well in the Caribbean. Given how superior they look with the bat and the ball I'll take India to lead by over 100 runs at the halfway stage. 0.5pts ew R.Ashwin Top India Batsman (1st Inns Only) 50/1 Ladbrokes (1/5 1,2,3) Bit of a stab in the dark this one but Ravi Ashwin is a much better batsman than a 50/1 shot even though the Indian batting line up looks pretty strong. When these two met in the only test match on this ground two years ago Harbhajan Singh top scored with a hundred in the first innings and I would say Ashwin is a better batsman than Harbhajan so top scoring is definitely possible. We saw in Australia that he can play quick bowlers well and we saw against the West Indies in India last year that he can score a ton against a good bowling attack in these conditions. It may be that the top score is out of sight if and when Ashwin gets in but if it isn't then he's a much better batsman than these odds suggest so a small each way tickle could just land the jackpot in the opening innings of the series for India.

Re: India vs New Zealand - Test Series India to win the 2nd test @1.53 with Bet365. Sounds like a steal, doesn't it? Bangalore traditionally has been producing results (only a couple of draws recently against Pak and Aus). It's another spinner friendly track. The only concern is the weather. Thunderstorms predicted again http://in.weather.com/weather/10day-Bangalore-INXX0012

Re: India vs New Zealand - Test Series My outrights are looking ok going in to this final test with India needing to win (and the weather to be ok) and Williamson needing a repeat of last week to bring in the top batsman money. I'm going to take one for this next test as i'm already heavily involved in those other markets.... 3/10pts R. Taylor performance points 71 and over - 5/6 with Bet365 Run - 1pt Catch - 10pts Ross Taylor is a very good batsman - much better than he showed in the 1st test - and his side need him to perform if they are to have any chance of avoiding a series loss. I don't think his form is bad enough to suggest he won't score runs again and if his side start their innings off ok there will be less pressure on him to perform when he comes to the crease - that isn't guaranteed though, hence the stake. He fielded at slip a lot in the 1st test and dropped/missed some absolute sitters but I can't see how he can possibly make that many big mistakes again. With Patel in his side there is always the chance that he will get chances and if the fast bowlers come to the party he could wipe out some of this total with a few catches. If on form, he can score this over 2 innings with the bat and it is nice to have his fielding position as a good back-up.

Re: India vs New Zealand - Test Series 2nd test preview: 5pts India to win 2nd Test 4/5 Bet365 Even though the weather is meant to be bad I think India will still get enough time to win this match. In reality they needed less than three days to win the first test and they should get more than that here. Having backed India to win the series 2-0 before the series I’m effectively on India at a much bigger price but for those who didn’t take India before the series the 4/5 on a side who are totally dominant against a weak test side who have shown no ability to play spin either in the first test or in the West Indies previously, is a very big price and would be a lot shorter but for the forecast fears. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/india-vs-new-zealand-2nd-test-betting-india-can-defy-the-rain-to-win-the-series-2-0

Re: India vs New Zealand - Test Series Not taking India here as I'm on them already. My preview was for those who haven't bet on India pre-series. I am taking two though. 5pts India (-149.5 runs) 1st Inns Lead 5/6 Sportingbet India had this covered easily in the first test. In fact they almost covered both New Zealand innings put together with their one innings and I expect the same to happen in Bangalore. Bangalore is a better ground for the batsmen but if you can't play quality spin you can't play quality spin whether you are on a road or a bunsen burner. That's very much the case for New Zealand. They had absolutely no answer to Ashwin in the first test and they've not really had much time to think up a plan of how to play him better in this test. One way they can do it is by Brendon McCullum getting away but for every McCullum India have a Sehwag so even that isn't likely to work. New Zealand's attack looks pretty tame to me and their batting wilts at the hands of quality spin. That's a combination which can see India leading by 150 runs at halfway. 1pt ew D.Bracewell Top New Zealand Batsman (1st Inns Only) 33/1 Ladbrokes (1/5 1,2,3) Doug Bracewell isn't a top line batsman by any means but he has got some shots in him and at least gave the impression that he was reading Ashwin and Ojha even if he wasn't an expert in playing them. Bracewell fell just five short of a place in the first innings of the first test but there's no reason why he can't improve on that as he can hold the bat. None of his top order have shown much in terms of feeling safe that they are going to score well so the 33/1 is quite big for a guy who bats at 8 at the end of the day. Someone down the order will get a few shots away be them edges, slogs or good cricket shots and at 33/1 I'll pay to see if that man is Bracewell.

Re: India vs New Zealand - Test Series

5/10pts India to beat New Zealand 2-0 - 6/4 with William Hill 1/10pts K. Williamson top New Zealand series batsman - 11/2 with Stan James
India got the victory in the 2nd test to bring in the correct score outright. Williamson was in a good position going in to the match for us but a mixture of disappointing play from him and Taylor's class coming through means there is a loss on that bet. I finished with +3pts which I am happy with considering I didn't do well in the 1st test. Oh so close with that bet on Kohli, Kev. Unlucky mate.