** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Man United v Fulham > Sat 25 August

Manchester united 'to win to nil' @ 2.15 - William hill. I don't envy fulham here as they have a horrendous record away to united, as you'd expect. They haven't even scored a goal against them since 2006. I personally wouldn't get too carried away with fulham's demolition of Norwich at the weekend. I still think offensively they have lost a lot, and I don't see them scoring five goals again this season. United struggled on Monday night, so I think they are another side looking to develop some fluidity in their play, and build momentum.

I think they're better than Monday's display as everton will always be a tough team to face for anyone, and carrick was outstanding pre season in defence. They only lost 1-0 on Monday, and as I've said above I don't think fulham are going to offer as much going forward here as they did do against Norwich.

Yeah everton only scored once, but in fairness, they created a number of good chances. Fellaini was very good in the air, looking to take on any of the Utd defence bar Vidic. With Fulham having Ruiz and Petric, I think they could have similar joy. Not having a bet on this myself, just contributing o the discussion. So good luck with your bet

Re: Man United v Fulham > Sat 25 August

Yeah everton only scored once, but in fairness, they created a number of good chances. Fellaini was very good in the air, looking to take on any of the Utd defence bar Vidic. With Fulham having Ruiz and Petric, I think they could have similar joy. Not having a bet on this myself, just contributing o the discussion. So good luck with your bet
Agree with Kiddo here. Definately would not be touching a "to nil" victory in this game. Ruiz and Petric look very tasty up front, and with the United defence the way it is, they are in for a tough game i reckon, Fulham's morale will be very high, and they are quite good defensively usually. No reason why they won't create a few chances at Old Trafford, Everton would have won 3-0 only for De Gea.

Re: Man United v Fulham > Sat 25 August Fulham played well against a poor Norwich side last weekend. They are normally very strong at home and shocking away from home. They won just four times away from home last season, they don't concede many goals though, conceding just 25 away goals last season. After Man Uniteds defeat at Everton they will be determined to win this game and do it well to show there intentions for the season. I would expect Van Persie to start this match and he looked to link up quite well with Kagawa in the short time he was on the pitch. Last season Man United lead at half time in 24 of there games last season and went on to win 23 of these games. Man United/Man United Double Result 1.75 WilliamHill

Re: Man United v Fulham > Sat 25 August Again this is a match where there s an unjustified by the results favoritism for the manchester side.From what i saw against everton they lack creativity and they have big gaps defensively.Rooney was nearly his last years' self and also nani was kind of asleep. Fulham were on fire against a much more weaker opponent so it remains to be seen what will be left from this performance last Saturday. But to me the odds reflect the names of the teams and not their actual performance.So they are wrong. Or maybe i m wrong but i ll pay to see. manchester utd. - fulham 2(ah + 1,75) @ 1,704 pinnacle

Re: Man United v Fulham > Sat 25 August I expect a reaction from United. Nani will be axed. Rafael should be back as right back with Valencia going forward on his much more preferred right wing. Van Persie is set to partner Rooney up front. Young should replace Nani. It is possible that evans is back so that Carrick can be back as a centre midfielder.

Re: Man United v Fulham > Sat 25 August Hi guys - writing as a Fulham supporter here but I won't be biased (I'll try ;) ) First off, I think that this will end up 2-0 or 3-0 to United, as it always seems to, and I won't have my hopes up before the game, I just I hope it is enjoyable to watch. Some things to consider if you are feeling brave. Firstly the team has changed a fair bit in the last 2 seasons, and as mentioned earlier we were denied a stone wall penalty late on in this fixture last season to leave the result at 1-0 United. We can hope for our away form to improve, but it has been poor for years now and you can't expect a few new faces to change that. Next, despite defending well against Everton, United do have a makeshift defence with players returning from Injury, playing out of position or non-first choice candidates. Of course this means very little if the ball is retained well in midfield bu Utd. I would say that this is one of the best times we could play United other than the fact that it is the first home game at OT, and Fergie will want to impress, and the fans are likely to be in full voice etc. I haven't got the balls to back Fulham, even on a handicap due to our horrific record at OT, but at the same time there are a lot of variables at play (see above) as well as it being early days in the season, so to me it is a no bet. I wrote an article up on this match here - http://milesffc.wordpress.com/2012/08/23/man-u-vs-fulham-match-preview/ - and I will do so for every Fulham game this season. My Fulham - Norwich betting report is here - http://milesffc.wordpress.com/2012/08/08/fulham-norwich-aug-18th-betting-preview/ (from last week) Good luck everyone - I think this whole week has tough games to call, but undoubtedly we will probably lose :P

Re: Man United v Fulham > Sat 25 August Manchester United-Fulham AH-1.25 @1.73 5/10 pinnacle United lost deserved 1-0 to Everton on monday night. Ferguson is fury of them and he demands a response from his players. He is going to bring in van Persie form the beginning partnering Rooney. Nani will be droped so that Young will be back on the left wing. Rafael should be back as right-back bringing Valencia back on his best position, the right wing. Ferguson was at the Craven Cottage on saturday to watch Fulham destroying Norwich 5-0. But Fulham won't be at home where they do much better. They play at Old Trafford and United is much better than a piss poor Norwich (obviously, at least for this match). Dempsey is once again not in the squad being linked with a move to Liverpool. Dembele is also on the list of Tottenham. Frei and Senderos are out with injuries. To me, United will win this one for sure. SAF wants a quick reaction, saying 'they have a lot of experience in their team. It won't be an easy game, but we're at home and we need to make an impact quickly after losing on Monday night, and we expect that.' I expect United running at them from the very beginning being eager to make a statement. My call 3-0 GL

Re: Man United v Fulham > Sat 25 August Man United -1.5 AH 2.000 @ Ladbrokes - I expect United to bounce back after their defeat on Monday. Van Persie is expected to make his debut and i expect United to play an attacking line-up against Fulham. With the likes of Rooney, RVP, Kagawa, Valencia and Young likely to play i think they will have too much class for Fulham and United will be more than capable of beating Fulham by 2 goals tomorrow. Although Fulham had a great result last week with a 5-0 hammering of Norwich, however they are a different side away from home and have a terrible record at Old Trafford. Fulham are notoriously poor away from home and had a record of (W4 D5 L10) away from home last season and United's home record last season was (W15 D2 L2) and have dropped only 2 points at home in 2012 which was a 4-4 draw with Everton. Fulham have some good attacking options with Dembele, Ruiz and Petric who has had a great start to his Fulham career. Fulham are generally quite solid defensively and rarely get hammered. United have won their last 6 home games against Fulham without conceding a goal scoring 13 goals in the process. United have won 20 of their 23 home games against Fulham. Everything points to a United win and i think they will win by 2 or more goals with a likely scoreline being 2-0 or 3-1 to United. My only worry for this bet is that United have serious injury problems in defence but i think Carrick will do a decent job for United at CB like he has done in he past. I don't think this will be a 4-0 hammering but it should be a comfortable win for United.

Re: Man United v Fulham > Sat 25 August Match Man Utd v Fulham Selection Man UTD Strength 10/10 Date 25/08/2012 Bookmaker/Price BetVictor @ 1.30 Reasoning Very little needs to be said here. UTD at home will win most of their games. Especially against sides in the bottom half of the table where I expect fulham to be at the end of the season. UTD also had a bad result against Everton and will need to bounce back here and with RVP probably starting I dont see any problems here.

Re: Man United v Fulham > Sat 25 August Under 2.5 @ 2.45 pinnacle Man Utd will look to bounce back after their shock loss against Everton and they have a very good record at home against Fulham, having won their last 8 games, and with 6 clean sheets in these games, they will be confident of opening their account this season. However Fulham were impressive in beating Norwich 5-0 and they will not make it easy for them. Expect Jol to park the bus against them, knowing if they play an attacking game they will get hit on the counter. Fulham;s defence is pretty solid and they will pack the midfield with Dembele, Diarra and Sidwell, each of them do not give you much time on the ball, so can see them keeping this close.

Re: Man United v Fulham > Sat 25 August Rooney is just on the bench. Nani is dropped completely out of the squad for this match. De Gea; Rafael, Carrick, Vidic, Evra; Valencia, Cleverley, Anderson, Kagawa, Young; van Persie SUBS: Lindegaard, Evans, Scholes, Giggs, Rooney, Welbeck, Hernandez.

Rooney is just on the bench. Nani is dropped completely out of the squad for this match. De Gea; Rafael, Carrick, Vidic, Evra; Valencia, Cleverley, Anderson, Kagawa, Young; van Persie SUBS: Lindegaard, Evans, Scholes, Giggs, Rooney, Welbeck, Hernandez.
Look weak in midfield. Anderson, Cleverley and Young are very average. Also risky playing a lone striker, and Carrick still in defense. Fulham have nothing to be afraid of here. Anyone know why Riise is not on the Fulham squad?

Again this is a match where there s an unjustified by the results favoritism for the manchester side.From what i saw against everton they lack creativity and they have big gaps defensively.Rooney was nearly his last years' self and also nani was kind of asleep. Fulham were on fire against a much more weaker opponent so it remains to be seen what will be left from this performance last Saturday. But to me the odds reflect the names of the teams and not their actual performance.So they are wrong. Or maybe i m wrong but i ll pay to see. manchester utd. - fulham 2(ah + 1,75) @ 1,704 pinnacle
no i wasnt wrong.fulham was lucky in a couple of times but overall a very proud performance

Manchester United-Fulham AH-1.25 @1.73 5/10 pinnacle United lost deserved 1-0 to Everton on monday night. Ferguson is fury of them and he demands a response from his players. He is going to bring in van Persie form the beginning partnering Rooney. Nani will be droped so that Young will be back on the left wing. Rafael should be back as right-back bringing Valencia back on his best position, the right wing. Ferguson was at the Craven Cottage on saturday to watch Fulham destroying Norwich 5-0. But Fulham won't be at home where they do much better. They play at Old Trafford and United is much better than a piss poor Norwich (obviously, at least for this match). Dempsey is once again not in the squad being linked with a move to Liverpool. Dembele is also on the list of Tottenham. Frei and Senderos are out with injuries. To me, United will win this one for sure. SAF wants a quick reaction, saying 'they have a lot of experience in their team. It won't be an easy game, but we're at home and we need to make an impact quickly after losing on Monday night, and we expect that.' I expect United running at them from the very beginning being eager to make a statement. My call 3-0 GL
3:2 United controlled the match but after Vidic's own goal which led to the 3-2, United looked shaky in defense

He was there best player.
Dembele was the best player on the pitch by a country mile. Power, passing, movement, vision, and can shoot. He is the real deal, and he will be off to a big club soon. He made a show of Anderson and Cleverley in the middle of the park.

Fulham played well against a poor Norwich side last weekend. They are normally very strong at home and shocking away from home. They won just four times away from home last season, they don't concede many goals though, conceding just 25 away goals last season. After Man Uniteds defeat at Everton they will be determined to win this game and do it well to show there intentions for the season. I would expect Van Persie to start this match and he looked to link up quite well with Kagawa in the short time he was on the pitch. Last season Man United lead at half time in 24 of there games last season and went on to win 23 of these games. Man United/Man United Double Result 1.75 WilliamHill
Take a win out of this. Fulham and particularly Dembele were impressive in this one