Jump Racing - Thursday 16th Aug 2012

2nd last time out at Perth but ran a cracker and a real shame he never won, the 6yr old gelding done just about everything right that day but still could not take home first price. Trainer Mrs Leech sends him out again and hopefully this time he can take home 1st prize, he was at Perth just over two weeks ago so he's had a nice wee fresh break, he's dropped back in trip and any rain that has fallen wont do his case any harm with a little juice underfoot. Jockey Paul Moloney gets the leg up again today and has won on him before, the 6yr old also won at today's course back in June over the 2m 4f Escardo should chase him home. 6:30 Fontwell Park - Le Grand Chene. The 9/2 on offer looks more than fair.

Re: Jump Racing - Thursday 16th Aug 2012 Hi Guys and Gals, Been following your selections for a while now and have decided to start posting my own selections on here that also appear on my blog [link edited] I only study National Hunt Racing so there wont be many until the season really gets going in October. This was my posting from last night but I see advised price has already gone. Fontwell 7.00 Quaddick Lake 1PT WIN @ 5/1 B365 Quaddick Lake returned to action at Worcester about a month ago after a period point to pointing and won very comfortably. He is up 10lbs tomorrow, but is clearly in good heart and has shown a higher level of ability than this when trained by the Pipe team. The Jeremy Scott team were in good form before the break and I can see Quaddick Lake defying his penalty.

Re: Jump Racing - Thursday 16th Aug 2012

Hi Guys and Gals' date= Been following your selections for a while now and have decided to start posting my own selections on here that also appear on my blog [link edited] I only study National Hunt Racing so there wont be many until the season really gets going in October. This was my posting from last night but I see advised price has already gone. Fontwell 7.00 Quaddick Lake 1PT WIN @ 5/1 B365 Quaddick Lake returned to action at Worcester about a month ago after a period point to pointing and won very comfortably. He is up 10lbs tomorrow, but is clearly in good heart and has shown a higher level of ability than this when trained by the Pipe team. The Jeremy Scott team were in good form before the break and I can see Quaddick Lake defying his penalty.
Hi Kev, Thanks for joining, you got caught in the spam filter due to the link in your post. I'm afraid we don't allow links until you've been around here a while, so do please continue to post nonetheless. As for selection, posting selections with out of date prices isn't really ideal, especially for people wishing to follow you. As it's your first post and you only joined today, it's fine. I'm sure in the future that when you update your selections, you'll post them on here at the same time with the current prices :ok

Re: Jump Racing - Thursday 16th Aug 2012 WAIT NO MORE 5.30 Fontwell. 1 point win. This trip much more suitable than last time and this track suits his style of running. Needs to show he can win off this mark, but if on song, then he should go to the front, jump well enough, and be hard to peg back. Ground's fine and so no excuses for not running to ability. 10/1 William Hill BOG

Re: Jump Racing - Thursday 16th Aug 2012 Thought I'd have a go over the sticks this evening... 5.00 Fontwell - 4pts win Cabimas @ 11/4 (PP) I'm surprised that Gary Moore's runner in here is as big as 5/2 and therefore is worth a good bet at the price. He's done nothing wrong over jumps since switching from running on the level in Germany at a decent level. He's rated 90 on the flat and impressively got off the mark over here with a 7l victory over hurdles after a break at Newton Abbot. He bumped into a well-handicapped runner when sent off at odds-on last time out with the pair clear and the winner is now rated 130. With the rider's claim, my selection had to give him 12lbs so it was always going to be tough but there doesn't look like something's lurking like that in here. He has every chance at the weights and the yard are in form. 5.30 Fontwell - 2pts win Peyekashe @ 8/1 (Bet365) Competitive yet lowly handicap chase here and although my selection is yet to jump these fences, he has a history of pointing and if he jumps okay then he's definitely one of the more interesting runners in this. He returned from a long absence in the spring and since getting one run under his belt in April he's done little wrong in three starts since over hurdles. He won from a subsequent winner next time out and then stayed on powerfully for a 6l success off 95 two starts back. He got tired late on in gruelling conditions over 3m3f last time out, but the winner proved to be thrown-in and the front two arguably had the better ground all the way around. The winner won off 19lbs higher next time out so the form is strong. He has plehty of stamina and looks a chasing type so hopefully he can handle these flights on his first attempt for a yard with a 20% strike rate in chases at this track. 7.00 Fontwell - 2pts win Osmosia @ 12/1 (Hills) Chris Gordon's mare goes best here with a win and several other good efforts to her name at the track and has been given a helping hand by the handicapper as she's come down 8lbs from her last run. That was at Worcester and the winner won by 13l and she just couldn't get dangerous. However, she ran okay two starts back here on unsuitably soft ground when staying on (although well-held) and the form worked out very well indeed. I think the return here will help, as will the ground, and a mark of 90 isn't beyond her at all. Sneaky suspicion she'll run a big race. 7.10 Stratford - 3pts win Scales @ 7/2 (PP) This horse has always shaped to me as if wanting the bare minimum trip over hurdles as he tends to travel very nicely and look the likely winner having raced prominently before fading quite tamely late on. He's been running over a bit further of late and I just think the drop back in trip will really help. He clearly has ability and shaped well on his first run for a new yard last time out. The hood is applied for the first time in an attempt to keep him concentrated and hopefully go through with his effort a bit more. The ground should suit and I like Felix De Giles as a jockey booking. Hopeful he can deservedly get his head in front today.

Re: Jump Racing - Thursday 16th Aug 2012

2nd last time out at Perth but ran a cracker and a real shame he never won, the 6yr old gelding done just about everything right that day but still could not take home first price. Trainer Mrs Leech sends him out again and hopefully this time he can take home 1st prize, he was at Perth just over two weeks ago so he's had a nice wee fresh break, he's dropped back in trip and any rain that has fallen wont do his case any harm with a little juice underfoot. Jockey Paul Moloney gets the leg up again today and has won on him before, the 6yr old also won at today's course back in June over the 2m 4f Escardo should chase him home. 6:30 Fontwell Park - Le Grand Chene. The 9/2 on offer looks more than fair.
Never at the races.

Re: Jump Racing - Thursday 16th Aug 2012 Thanks for the nice welcome. Sorry I didn't deliver a winner with my first selection on here, although I have to say I was not too impressed with the ride given by Nick Scholfield. I'm not a jockey and there may have been another reason for the strange ride he gave the horse, but the one that springs to mind watching the race again this morning is extra two furlongs and bigger price next time or am I being too cynical?