Wyndham Championship - August 16th-19th

Mirage

Re: Wyndham Championship - August 16th-19th Including a couple of riskier than usual selections in my outrights for the week: 1.5/10pts Each-Way C. Pettersson to win Wyndham Championship - 20/1 with BetFred (1/4 odds 1-5) I really like the chances of the big man going close this week at a course he has good memories of. In four starts at this course he has won once and tied for a place in the top five on another occasion. He has also missed the cut here. He had a good PGA Championship and held the lead for a while before eventually recording his fourth top five finish of what has been quite a successful season on this tour. He seems to be in contention for a lot of tournaments these days and, with this course probably playing on the easy side, I think he is in with a good chance of posting some low scores this weeked. I reckon he should certainly be a lower price than this. 1/10pts Each-Way S. Garcia to win Wyndham Championship - 40/1 with SportingBet (1/4 odds 1-5) As I have said, this course should be won with a low total and it is also a course that doesn't necessarily suit those who hit big over those who don't. Get the ball on the fairways and greens and you will have a chance to pick up shots. As we know, Sergio can do that and I like this price on him doing well here. At the PGA Championship he never made the cut and that was due to a very poor first round more than anything. However, that was a tough course and the weather here will not upset many players. He has put in some ok results this season and has only missed the cut a couple of times so far on this tour. His year has been a bit up and down in terms of finishing positions but if he turns up putting ok the rest of his game should suit the course. He came fourth here back in 2009. 0.5/10pts Each-Way A. Romero to win Wyndham Championship - 70/1 Stan James (1/4 odds 1-6) I very, very rarely back this guy in any shape or form but I have a sneaky feeling he may go well here. On his only appearance here he tied for twenty eighth and there will no doubt be plenty of opportunities to pick up shots here again. He is a very inconsistent player in terms of finishing positions but on courses that are easier than most he can tear them up. This shouldn't be too hard a test for him if he gets off to a good start and his ability to post low scores when on a role should be well suited to this course. I wouldn't be surprised if he misses the cut after saying that but i'm willing to take a chance on him.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.