Flat Racing Monday 23rd of July

*Anton Chigurh - Southwell 2:10* Showed a heck of a lot of improvement last time out at Doncaster over this trip to scoot up and win very easily. If it handles this suface, it will take a heck of a lot of beating. That has to be taken on trust, but i genuinely can't see this horse losing if it handles the track. Tom Dascombe is in the form of his life with 7 of his last 20 runners winning, and 3 of his last 5 winning. He has a good record on the AW too, 718 runners, 137 winners, profit of +£24.19 to level stakes. Kingscote has a very good record for him at Southwell also, 55 rides, 10 winners, profit of +£5.95. The last 3 times he has ridden for Dascombe, he has won. *1 Point WIN @ 5/2 Bet365 BOG*

Re: Flat Racing Monday 23rd of July AYR 2.30 Silver Rime - 0.5pts EW 7/1 (Bet365) BOG He is not the more talented runner on the (not so rich) field but definitely has a chance. He's back to Class 5 after five years and a good career over 7 and 8 furlongs in upper races. He deserves some credit as, even if without wins in a couple of years, he was capable of some good placements and nice efforts in recent past. Just one week ago was second here, same distance, with a better average field and 1lb higher, so he's probably worth a try on the each way at this price. AYR 4.45 Here Now And Why - 1pt Win 7/4 (Bet365) BOG Someone says price is perfectly set up here but I think there's still some value over this selection. He's not a star, of course, but his last performances are very good with a 2nd, 3rd and 4th, with an lto at Hamilton complicated by a troubled start. The startlist is terribly poor and Here Now And Why pop out as the lonely credited favourite and the obvious option for a bet, even if 2lbs higher than last two starts. He has a name of a beaten fav (or second fav) but I don't think this story would last long: he is one step (if not two) above the entire field in terms of class and recent form. In addition to this there is not a clear alternative to him for the win but just a couple of average contenders. Tom Eaves knows well the track and he'll test the horse by Ian Semple (who is looking for a win in July) for the first time on this course. On paper he could win with ease, but it's a sprint and upsets are very likely. WINDSOR 8.10 Jocasta Down - 1pt Win 7/4 (VCBet) BOG I'm pretty curious about this filly: she opened her account just a month ago in her handicap debut at Sandown and she is by far the less exposed horse in this race, particularly over 6f. Last time out performance would be enough to be in the fight today and for sure we could expect improvement from this girl, so a win in a race which will see the other top horses (Uprise and Impel) heavy penalized is very likely. Henry Candy is over 11% strike rate at Windsor and in very good form lately and this is one of the things I look when I'm interested in backing a lighlty raced horse as Jocasta Down. Not a good draw though. Quick note: Solfilia is offered now at 8/1, still good price for the one I consider the main danger here. ----- FLAT SEASON Bets: 22 Wins: 7 SR: 31.82% P/L: +£10.27 Yield: +46.68%

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.