BBOTD Thursday 19th July

8.20 Epsom Methayel has found a reasonable level of form in small field handicaps but all form has come on the AW and fast turf so this slower ground unlikely to suit again. Dr Red Eye bolted clear on penultimate start, but reverted to his old unreliable ways last time out when beaten nearly 10 lengths under a 6lb penalty, further 3lb higher today and probably just depends what mood he turns up in! For me Abigails Angel looks a far more reliable bet, consistent sort who has continued to give a good account of herself back on turf after a brilliant AW season. Has now dropped back to her last winning mark when actually beating Methayel by a short head. She is actually now 8lb better off with her given how Methayel has continued to improve and was less exposed at that time on that form and given Methayel recent run would suggest Abigails Angel should have the holding of her at present! 1pt win Abigails Angel 5/1

PP

Re: BBOTD Thursday 19th July *Gold Show - Epsom 8:50* Has definately shown enough ability to win a race like this. Still a maiden after 5 runs, but was 4th of 14 on debut, was a good 2nd at Windsor on it's third run, was 3rd at Newbury on it's next run, and was 3rd at Goodwood when going off favourite in a 15 runner race two starts back. I think better was expected that day. Had a poor run last time out, but didn't seem to enjoy the ground, back on softer going i think it can go well. Opening mark of 75 looks a tad harsh, but may overcome it. Mick Channon is having a great year, and Matthew Davies is 1 winner from 8 rides for him at Epsom. 9/1 looks too big. *1 Point WIN @ 9/1 Bet365 BOG*

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.