Flat Betting Vs Progressive: Explanation needed

Please I am new here, so bear with any mistake I make. Thanks in advance. There is a lot of criticism against Progressive betting but I don't seem to understand why Flat betting is preferred by Majority of people. So I have a question that will make me understand the criticism. Hypothetically, If someone has a Blackjack system of winning after two hands. That is he losses his first and second stakes and he is sure he will win his Third stake. A simple progressive system like (2 x last stake) + 1 will give him steady profit. ie. Stake 1, $1 => loss-----total stake lost = $1, next stake is (2 x $1) + 1 = $3. Stake 2, $3 => loss-----total stake lost = $4, next stake is (2 x $3) + 1 = $7. Stake 3, $7 => Wins----total stake made = ($1 + $3 + $7) = $11, Profit made is (2 x $7) - $11 = $3. I would like to know if this can be achieved using flat betting. I can't seem to figure it out. Thanks.

Re: Flat Betting Vs Progressive: Explanation needed

Hypothetically, If someone has a Blackjack system of winning after two hands. That is he losses his first and second stakes and he is sure he will win his Third stake. A simple progressive system like (2 x last stake) + 1 will give him steady profit.
Hi and welcome. Well you already said it yourself: you know you will win the third bet every time, or at least enough times to be on profit. But on football is a little different. You don't know when a bet will hit (since you never have 100% chance to win it), and from here comes the possibility of hitting a long bad run of 10 or more loses. I wouldn't do the maths, but on the 11th bet you would have to risk a lot with the same chance of hitting or loosing. The thing that will always end how long you can go are the bookmakers, who won't take large bets (like 3k, if you get till there). So that's the wall. If you want to go with this theory, you should know that you can't go increasing your stake unlimited, so from the start you could loose a lot of money without the chance of getting them back because bookmakers limit how much you can bet. Of course that progressive betting looks a lot better than flat betting (it makes sense why), but it's more times risky than flat betting. Most of the bettors (including myself) think that the risk ain't worth. Besides, the way to make more money is to steadily increase your bank, which on return will increase the stake and so the income. Hope it helps ;) L.E.: well it is obvious that betting on odds of 2.00 (like your example) and having a S/R of only 33.3% won't bring you profit(with flat betting). So even if your example is logical, having a low S/R means that you will hit less winners and more loosers, so the chance of bad run is increased.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.