Flat Racing - Friday 6th July 2012

Sandown 4.00pm Farhaan is the one that looks potential value, especially when Ladbrokes go 7-1 and Bet365 only offer 5-1 early the night before. Form is working out ok with Thought Worthy and Noble Mission and if the way it folded last time out was purely a fitness issue then it has every chance of landing this listed race despite being the young pretender in the field that gets plenty of weight from older rivals. http://www.punterslounge.com/sandown-betting--progressive-farhaan-to-provide-in-form-buick-with-another-winner

Re: Flat Racing - Friday 6th July 2012 3.35 Doncaster - 2pts win Shesastar @ 10/1 (Bet365) The handicapper isn't really relenting with David Barron's filly despite a couple of indifferent showings, but perhaps he is seeing some of the things that I am which suggest she can still be competitive off her mark of 85 - especially when she has her conditions such as today. She clearly goes well on straight, flat tracks with two wins coming here at Doncaster along with a place, and a win at York. I'm hoping the return here will help her and she has run a bit better than the bare results suggest the last twice. She actually looked a big player for much of her return effort at Ascot over a mile on soft ground - travelling well and coming to challenge before emptying fairly quickly. The testing mile there wouldn't have been ideal on her first run back but she went with enough zest to suggest she was still in form. Remarkably, she traded as low as evens on the exchanges in the run yet was eventually beaten 12 1/2l! I think this shows how promising the run was, though, and she will have come on plenty for it. She is, however, a horse who can get too far behind in her races. She doesn't have the greatest amount of early speed and for that reason I think cut in the ground helps. She got detached here over 7f on her final run of 2011 before keeping on without threatening and it was a similar story at Haydock last time. The ground was firm and she always had plenty on her plate in the rear. She did keep on but was still easily held in the end. Wasn't given the hardest of times, though, and all four of the horses held up out the back finished in the last four positions. Not much came from too far off the pace so I can forgive that effort as well. Although she has to produce a career best to win this, she's only had 12 starts in her career so it's plausible we haven't seen the best of her yet and her 3rd behind Fast Shot and York Glory last season (beaten 1l) reads extremely well indeed with both of those now much higher in the ratings. A repeat of that would see her go close and I expect a big run now she's back at Doncaster. 7f with some give in the ground is ideal and I anticipate a good effort if she doesn't get too far behind in the early stages.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.