League1 2012-2013

freddie1

As the European Championship comes to an end this weekend it's got me thinking more about my betting for next season. It wont be the first or last time that anyone reading this will see the dreaded subject of discipline come up in someones post. Although I've been guilty of it in the past I'm getting better and my thread last season "looking for value" has inspired me to try and build on having more structure to my betting. It was very pleasing to end with a profit of 21.84 with a 7% yield and stakes of just 1 unit and actually not that much effort considering it amounted to less than an hour a week of which I enjoyed as well. Looking at ways I can improve the biggest opportunity I can see would be to concentrate on one league and try to become as informed as I can on it. I've chosen League1 as my team Coventry have just been relegated there so it makes sense for me to concentrate my betting here. This will also mean starting from a point of zero knowledge so it could be a slow start for profit which brings me to my biggest nemesis getting fed up and giving up. Hopefully I went someway to dealing with it last season as I saw the looking for value thread to the end. Another big change for me next season is to pay far more attention to the actual players regarding transfers and injuries etc. It's an area that has almost been non existent in my betting up to now and is something I need to address. I'm going to rely heavily on the Racing and Football Outlook True Odds and Outlook Index again as I feel these are a great starting point. Another change will be the amount of bets I take. The goal will be to find two or possibly three bets and also increase my stakes to 10 units per bet this time. The season will be split into two banks with the first one purely for friendlies with the second (main) bank starting with the first league games. I intend to put far more effort into my research this season and with a bit of luck will see a profitable one.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: League1 2012-2013 League1 Outright Oddschecker 27/06/2012 Sheffield Utd 7/1 MK Dons 10/1 Swindon 12/1 Preston 13/1 Coventry 13/1 Doncaster 15/1 Bournemouth 17/1 Brentford 17/1 Notts County 17/1 Crawley 19/1 Portsmouth 21/1 Stevenage 26/1 Carlisle 29/1 Colchester 34/1 Scunthorpe 34/1 Tranmere 41/1 Crewe 51/1 Shrewsbury 51/1 Hartlepool 67/1 Oldham 67/1 Bury 81/1 Leyton Orient 81/1 Yeovil 81/1 Walsall 101/1

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.