Creating Systems

Hi everyone, im a regular reader but not a regular poster. Their is many users and systerm I like to follow and over the past few years have tried to set up my own system but seem to fail every time. The main problem is that im forever withdrawing winnings then having to deposit again so I struggle to keep track of my funds. Iv tried Martingale, Skittles Double up and many more, Iv also ran my own 1st/last goalscorer trixie which slowley but surely dwindled away my money. I do much better looking for shorter price selections and backing with larger stakes buit like many of us I dont have a lot of patience and end up backing selections im not totally convinced by. Anyway Im just curious on how other people go about creating their systems and if you could point me in the right direction of good programs (ie Excel, which I dont have a clue how to use lol) which could help me record things. Not looking for other peoples tips/selections as I have my own, just thought I would open a thread for people to talk about good ways of starting a system and just any good advice people might have. Thanks in advance and hope this is in the correct place.

Re: Creating Systems

Hi everyone, im a regular reader but not a regular poster. Their is many users and systerm I like to follow and over the past few years have tried to set up my own system but seem to fail every time. The main problem is that im forever withdrawing winnings then having to deposit again so I struggle to keep track of my funds. Iv tried Martingale, Skittles Double up and many more, Iv also ran my own 1st/last goalscorer trixie which slowley but surely dwindled away my money. I do much better looking for shorter price selections and backing with larger stakes buit like many of us I dont have a lot of patience and end up backing selections im not totally convinced by. Anyway Im just curious on how other people go about creating their systems and if you could point me in the right direction of good programs (ie Excel, which I dont have a clue how to use lol) which could help me record things. Not looking for other peoples tips/selections as I have my own, just thought I would open a thread for people to talk about good ways of starting a system and just any good advice people might have. Thanks in advance and hope this is in the correct place.
Hi Hawk-Eye. Before actually creating your system you will definitely need to address a couple of issues that you already seem to be aware of. You absolutely must keep a track of all your betting, (hopefully the spreadsheet that you have found will help you with this). And I'd also advise creating a betting "bank" that you use solely for your system...If you want to bet "outside" of your system, don't use the system bank, (you still need to keep track of the non system bets though). Discipline is also very important. If you've got a system that is profitable, it is very likely that the most profitable bets are those that don't necessarily jump off of the page at you. Just because you don't fancy the bet, doesn't mean it won't come in. It can be hard to bet on something your head says ain't gonna happen...But if your head was always right, you wouldn't be looking for a system! If you believe in your system, you need to stick with it. Patience can also be difficult...If your system isn't producing many bets, the temptation to have a bet "just to make it interesting" can be very difficult to overcome. Personally, I'd advise against it, but if you must have a non system bet, don't use your system bank! I use Excel for pretty much everything I do...Back-testing, creating the ratings, recording the bets etc. I'm not saying it is the only way, (or even the best way), but it works for me, and Excel can be as simple or complicated as you want it to be. It doesn't take too much effort to be able to get into, but you'll probably never learn everything it can do! Finally the system!! Don't underestimate just how much time you'll need to "invest" in creating and back-testing. Therefore it make sense to choose something that interests you. If short priced home favourites is your thing...Go for it. If on the other hand you like nothing more than betting on unders/overs go for that. You don't have to enjoy what you're betting on to make money, but it sure as Hell helps when you're burning the midnight oil! Whatever you choose to bet on, I'd suggest you need to look at it differently or come at it from a different angle to everyone else. If your system uses the same "variables" as everyone else, you're going to be betting on the same team/score/result as everyone else. Depending on whose figures you use, 97% to 99% of punters LOSE money in the long term, (including me last year, so what I've just written could be nonsense) :loon Look at how some of the systems on here work...Very few give you all of the details, but they give you enough for you to see what the person that created the system thinks is important. Then you can decide if it's also important to you. :)

Re: Creating Systems Hello there. Creating a system isn't hard, but creating a system that brings you profit is very hard. There is no short way to get to there, and it will take a lot of work, but even if you work very hard the result may not be good, and you have to start with this thought. I for one tried for more than a year to get a good system, and although it seemed to get good results, it might not be that good. But to begin your system creation, you have to answer the question: "What factors influence a match to have >?" If you find those factors, that you think describes the final event the best than you have to start from there. But believe me, there aren't only a few. From here on is trial and error check, so you have to start and see which ones actually affect the match and which doesn't and adjust accordingly. Believe me, when I started to try to create a system, I had no previous knowledge on how to do it, or even on football (I frequently bet and lost, watch a few interesting matches and that's all). But with the trial and error method you can get step by step there. And always save all your previous analyzed matches, so that if you find a different approach you can also back-test those. In my system is almost impossible to do a back-test (because I take all the league's into consideration and I need the statistics before each match begins), but I can use the "back-test base" of matches from this year (over 1800 matches) to back-test. The idea is that they are important to hold on, even if they are losers. More than this I don't think there is to tell. You must work and discover your own way until the end. Good luck with that.

Re: Creating Systems UsManyDead, Many thanks for the replies they help a great deal and im sure they will help other readers too. I think its a case of not seeing something last minute and rushing into it, but to take a step back, think of all outcomes and do plenty of research. Something I have very slowly been learning lol. Like you advised I'll be opening a seprate account, recording all transactions and most importently being disciplined!