bbotd tuesday 5th June

its been a frustrating June so far for me with 3 losses, but apparently nobodys had it easy so far though.... Flexible Flyer 6/1 315 Leicester PP big field for the diamond jubilee handicap over 7 furlongs...has a bit of working out to be fair, with a few coming into it with wins and good places to their name. Flexible flyer won well enough at Warwick lto, and now on his handicap debut, could be on a really feasible mark. Has seen support along side ryan moores mount Uprise, but with 6/1 available with PP and him only 4/1 with bet365 il take the hint

Re: bbotd tuesday 3.45 Redcar Quaroma 1pt win @ 33/1 Bet365 This one is a bit of a risky one on his first start for Paul Midgley. He hasn’t had much racing recently due to injury but he showed he still has some ability in a couple of runs for his previous trainer last year. He has had another 300 days off the track but returns for his new trainer off a tempting mark. In his 3-year-old season this horse won off 78 and went close in a good race over in Chantilly. He races off 77 tomorrow but Ned Curtis takes off a handy 7lbs. I wouldn’t say the Midgley yard is flying at the moment but they have had a couple of winners recently. Ned Curtis in particular has done well for the yard when asked to do a job winning once and finishing 2nd and 4th on his other rides. I think he is one of the better 7lb claimers out there. Much will depend on how fit they have this horse on his return to action but there is a good chance he will need this race as most of this yards runners have needed one or two runs to put them spot on. That being said I think he is worth the risk at such massive odds. I like the fact they are dropping him to the minimum distance tomorrow. He has done most of his racing at 6f but I don’t think he will have any trouble dropping back in trip. He likes to race prominently which is well suited to the Redcar track judging on today’s races. Very few horses throughout the day come from off the pace so it could pay to side with horses that race up with the pace. Sprinters are often worth following when they are in form so there are a few in here that are obvious massive dangers. Bosun Breeze has to be respected after his demolition job the other day. He is up 6lbs but is in the form of his life so could be up to defying that. Bedloe’s Island has to be of interest as he took this race last year and won last time out. The Nifty Fox looks to be running into form and both Mercers Row and Cool in the Shade come here chasing hat tricks. It looks a very tricky handicap and I am far from confident that my selection will run well but I will take my chances. He has only raced 5 times since 2008 so he is a risky proposition but he is handicapped to run well.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.