BBOTD Monday 4th

16.45 Naas: Nandiga @ 8/1 Boylesports I'm really keen on this lovely filly, a 180.000 € yearling from PJ Prendergast. She won on her debut at the Curragh recently a good maiden - think this form will work out very well in the long term. Nandiga looked absolutely outstanding in the parade ring, a real eye-catcher, and it was no surprise to me that she made a winning debut. She had the widest possible draw to overcome, ran green, was badly outpaced 3f out but stayed on well and finished strongly. She probably will be much better over further but must also competitive over 6f in better races at this stage of her career. Prendergast said after the race that the ground was actually too fast for her, good that it rained here in the area around Dublin and Naas racecourse the last two days. The testing conditions should be in Nandiga's favour. Prendergast said also something that suggest that this horse must be really talented: "....our two-year-olds invariably go to the track with a bit to learn because of the way we do things. To that end, for Nandiga to oblige at the first time of asking at the Curragh on Saturday says much about her capabilities. A trip to Royal Ascot might eventually be an option for her, but she is still so babyish in her attitude that I have put her in the Listed race at Naas on Monday to give her more experience. That will effectively be a trial for Ascot." He also said that Nandiga is probably his best 2yo this year. It might be a trial for Nandiga tomorrow but she is a contender for Ascot then she has to win it. The field is a good one, but she should be much better with the experience from her debut and looks to be in fantastic form, as she looked so amazing in the parade ring at the Curragh. The conditions will be in her favour and I do expect a big run from her.

Re: BBOTD Monday 4th *Danadana - Redcar 3:55* Luca Cumani won this race 2 years ago, and this horse gives him another big chance of winning it again. It has won over this trip, Fallon is booked for the ride and he won on it last time out. Beat a field of 20 last time out over the Rowley Mile, this is up in class, but probably not as competitive, so big chance. *1 Point WIN @ 2/1 Bet365 BOG*

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.