BBOTD Wednesday 30th

3.40 Ayr Celtic Sultan 1pt win @ 11/1 BetVictor I like the chances of Celtic Sultan here. He comes into the race on the back of an OK performance in a higher class at Musselburgh but should be much better suited returning to fast ground. The ground at Musselburgh was good to soft and Celtic Sultan has never won with the word “soft” in the going description. Even though the ground will not have been to his liking, Celtic Sultan still ran a good race to finish 5th. Powerful Presence won the race that day but came into the race on the back of a win. Honeymead who finished 2nd came out of the race and finished 2nd behind Dubai Dynamo next time up in a class 2 race. Capaill Liath has since won at Newcastle in the same grade and Imperial Djay won a good race at Chester last week. So the form of the race has certainly worked out well. He showed he still has plenty to give when finishing a close 2nd at Doncaster a couple of runs ago. He has gone up 2lbs since then but has won off this mark in the past. He actually won over CD off 84 back in 2010 but has won off higher marks in the past, as he was rated in the 100’s in his younger days. He has had 3 career runs over CD and never finished out of the places. The last one of them came in 2010 where he finished 3rd off a mark of 90. His last turf win came a couple of years ago but he did manage to win at Kempton in September last year. He has been with Paul Midgley for a while now but Micky Fenton has rode him nearly his entire career and clearly gets won well with the horse. He is a front-runner, which is suited to this track, but there is a chance he may get taken on for the lead with the likes of Polar Annie and Amazing Amoray in the field. I am sure Micky Fenton won’t panic and get caught into a battle up front and set it up for something held up. Amazing Amoray went close at Newmarket over 7f but to me this looks a little more competitive than that race and he may just struggle to get his head in front. The other one near the head of the market is No Poppy who only just scrambled home last time out. His 2 wins this year have come on soft ground so this will pose a very different test for him. Beckermett is another horse that likes to race prominently and he has been very consistent in his last 3 runs. The Ruth Carr stable is in great form and he could prove to be one of the main dangers to my selection. Northern Fling is another horse that looks well handicapped and tries to double up here after winning over a mile at Musselburgh. I am happy to side with Midgley runner here who will give it his best shot from the front. He runs well at the track, has conditions to suit and is handicapped to win.

Re: BBOTD Wednesday 30th *Diman Waters - Ayr 3:10* Has dropped a lot in the weights, 82 all the way down to 70, so is now on a very winnable mark tomorrow. It is a strong traveller that tends to fade in the final half furlong or so, but now with less weight on board it should have a decent chance. It has won over the trip, will enjoy the ground and is having it's first run at Ayr here. It is Eric Alston's only runner of the day also. *1 Point WIN @ 10/1 Bet365 BOG*

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.