BBOTD Saturday 19th

3.05 Newbury Almuftarris EW @ 11/1 BetVictor Almuftarris was unlucky last season as he ran in two hot looking maidens. On his first start he started slowly and was doing his best work at the finish when finishing 5th over 7f at Newmarket in a race won by the Richard Hannon trained Rougemont. He was then sent off a short priced favourite at Yarmouth where he looked the likely winner for most of the race until Main Sequence burst through to win near the line. That horse is still unbeaten and is now one of the more fancied runners for the Derby. Going by pedigree it was no surprise to see Almuftarris stepped up in trip on his first start this season and he finally got off the mark doing well to battle back against Commend at Lingfield. I would hope that Almuftarris would come on for that run and he should strip even fitter here. The Ed Dunlop yard are in good form now and this horse could be well handicapped off 84 if you take his form with Main Sequence at face value. Jim Crowley takes the ride, which is a plus as he is in cracking form at the moment.

Re: BBOTD Saturday 19th *Frankel - Newbury 3:40* It is not often i plow into an odds-on shot, but i am putting a lot of money on Frankel for this race. He has already put Excelebration to sleep when they last met, and there is nothing else in the field that will come within an asses roar of Frankel. So in this case, unless something spectacularly wrong happens, Frankel is what i call a certainty, and i seldom use that word. (PS, I also need a winner for a confidence boost) *1 Point WIN @ 4/11 Hills BOG*

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.