FedericoBTH Backs the Horses - 2012

Hi everyone! I'm an italian full-time (but young) punter. After thousands and thousands of hours spent on USA Sports and football I've stated the best way to make some money is betting on horse racing, because with the right tools you can make nice paydays. I use a particular type of ratings to pick my daily favs BUT I do not rely solely on a certain differential of points or particular system selections. All what I do is looking at the ratings and trying to find an edge. Recent rating form, LTO speed, on going performances and of course distance results are the keys for my picks. And, even if many of you will not agree with me, I never look at the odds before having made a clear idea about the racecard because in the past short odds prevented me from making some good payouts and big dogs attracted me too often (with small o no profit). I apologize for my english, I'll try to be as clear as possible. Usually I work on the races 5/6 (sometimes 7) days a week and I pick something out of quite every start but with these guidelines: - Only UK races (I need this to keep ratings equally weighted). - Only flat races (I know this would lower the racecard by 30-40% but jump meetings are absolutely less predictable than flat ones, at least for me). - No maiden races (If I had not ratings for at least 80% of listed horses I'll skip). For my backing selections I use BetDAQ so every odds price is taken from there. Staking plane: 1pt to Win / 3pts to Place [standard stake] 1pt to Win / 2pts to Place [standard stake for races with 10+ horses] 1pt to Win / 1pt to Place [Rarely used, only under particular circumstances] 0.5pts to Win / 1pt to Place [standard stake for non top selection] 0.25pts to Win / 0.50pts to Place [small stakes used for very high odds] 1pt ONLY to Place [Rarely Used, usually when I see a horse quite sure on the placement but with no real value/chances for the win] 0.5pts ONLY to Place [used for big dogs in 10/12 races] 0.25 ONLY to Place [used for very big dogs or big ones in 13+ races] Friday 04/05 selected meetings: MUSSELBURGH [First Race Start: 2.00 / Last Race start: 5.00] WOLVERHAMPTON [First Race Start: 2.10 / Last Race start: 5.40] CHEPSTOW [Abandoned / Waterlogging] See you tomorrow!

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.