Am I weird?

slapdash

Am I weird?  

1. 1.

• Weidr
    • Healthy
    • Both of the above

Please read the post before giving your opinion. :p I'm certainly not completely immune to tilt, although I'm pretty sure I'm way more untiltable than the vast majority of players. But I was a bit surprised by my emotional response to the following scenario: I was recently playing an online tournament. Nothing special, just my standard buy-in. On the second hand I lost all but one big blind, 10 chips (I was beaten by the small blind, who had folded his big blind on the first hand). No massive bad beat: I had a very good hand, but he had a better one. Maybe I overplayed it, but it was borderline. Against some players my play would be automatic, against some it would be suicidal, and I had no information about him. What I immediately thought wasn't "Oh, f***!", but "Wow! Wouldn't it be cool if I came back from here to win the tournament?" Is this: (a) Weird (b) Healthy © Both of the above? (No, I didn't, though I got back up to 490 chips before my straight lost to two full houses.)

Re: Am I weird?

Perfectly fine, I've come back from having 20% of an ANTE to win it. As long as you have a chip and chair you still have a chance ;)
Sure, and if I'd been downcast at losing almost all of my chips and then thought "Oh well, chip and a chair, let's see what I can do" then I wouldn't have thought twice about it. It's just that my first thought was how cool it would be to make a comeback. Am I taking the not tilting too far? :D Maybe what worries me (slightly) is that I probably concentrated a lot more after that than I would have done if I'd had a decent stack, which is probably not an efficient use of my brain power.

Re: Am I weird? Great outlook Slapdash, most people I have seen in similar situations are, as you say, "Oh, f***!", and just chuck them in next hand without even looking, Tounaments are made up of lots of goals, ie: make the next level, make the cash, make the final table... so to find yourself with next to nothing in chips, and still be possitively thinking about the ultimate goal can only be healthy. And the next time I find myself in that position, I may now embrace the challenge, rather than say "Oh, f***!", as I have many times before. :loon :ok